Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Community Polls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Why Service at Jackson Center
My dealer doesn't do quality work. 12 19.67%
My dealer can't seem to fix it right. 9 14.75%
Jackson Center is closer than my dealer. 4 6.56%
I was in the area so I stopped there. 8 13.11%
They are the factory, they know more! 27 44.26%
Dealer says everything is fine but I don't agree. 6 9.84%
Parts availability. 10 16.39%
I can get the work done faster at Jackson Center. 11 18.03%
Other 16 26.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Central Part , Maryland
I took a trip to Jackson Center a couple months ago because I wanted a couple things fixed under warrenty, and since it is right at 480 miles from my driveway it works out as a nice day's run.

I think it is fantastic that they have the Terraport campsites there (I think about 24 sites - and free if you are getting service). We pulled in over the weekend, hooked up (full hookups), got out the bbq grille and had a nice time. Various other 'streams pulled in during the day and it was very nice being around all the others and seeing what they had done to theirs, and things they were planning. We got a lot of ideas from them.

Then Monday morning met with the service guys and lined everything up. Because of some work issues for my wife we didn't stay for the work, just spec'd out what we were looking to have done and then we hit the road back to Maryland and then I went back the next weekend to pick it up.

Everything was 100% exactly as I asked for. All the items I felt should be under warranty were, and all corrected. The items that were regular maintenance (pack wheel bearings etc) were done at what I feel is a fair value for skilled labor. Decent mechanics deserve a decent wage and I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

All in all, 100%+ satisfied and since it works for me as a free camping trip I think it is the only service bay my Airstream will ever see (unless something happens on the road...)

best regards, Dave
AIR#23096
" I am lost and have gone Airstreaming to find myself, If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait..."
wagnerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #22
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'll reaffirm that IMHO, Jackson Center is the place to have work done. Nice folks, great accomidations while yer there and, they do a good job, at least what I have exp. Totally agree that the tour is a must when there.

My punch list was about 20 items long. Found a few while at TerraPort (their campground next to the service center) and all were addressed both timely and appropriately. Sometimes, they have a winter repair sale, where you drop it off in the late fall and pick it up in the spring...doing so in the past (not sure if it's still done) gave a discount off labor costs.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Yes they do have winter sales as Silvertwinkie mentioned. The idea is to keep the techs gainfully employed during the slow season.

If you're heading to JC for the first time, you might want to read my post on Tips for the Terraport http://www.airforums.com/forums/458449-post20.html. We were a little confused when we arrived, so I captured these to share with everyone.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
I am lucky enough to live about 45 minutes from the factory. When I acquired my 1978 Ambassador from a neighbor in 2002 I decided to run it down for the techs to check out. They went over it and repaired what needed repaired. When I went to pick it up the tech that did the work went over everything with me. At the end of our conversation he patted the side of the trailer, smiled and said, "I built this trailer". That's why I went to Jackson Center.
Tom
tlavergne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #25
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
The closest dealer to me is 50 miles - so any work done is a production involving travel to and fro and so forth.

However if I am scheduling a trip west, then I can swing by JC (600 miles from home) and camp there a couple of nights and get whatever I want done...done. I've been very pleased with their work and I think their prices are fair. I'm way beyond warranty, so price is important.

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote