Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Excella > 1987 - 1989 Excella
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Talking Esmerelda has a (1987) big sister!

We haven't named her and don't have photos yet. But we bought Esmerelda a big sister, or, for right now, Esmerelda II.

Esmerelda, as lots of you know, is a 1992 Excella Classic. Our new one is a 1987 Excella, 32'. We wanted what the 32' has - recliners instead of the sofa, twin beds, a little more room, and a dinette!

She is seemingly in excellent shape and we're bringing her home Friday after the 2006 tires are replaced (although they look barely used!) and she gets new wheel bearing seals & grease (precautionary).

We spent the whole day last Thursday crawling over, under, and through her before making an offer. We also took a 30 or 40 year Airstream man with us who has owned many 'streams. (Thanks, Don!) She seems to have been kept inside most of her life. No mouse signs either. The same was NOT true of poor Ezzie when we first got her.

Pictures will follow after we get her home. We aren't sure yet if we will keep or sell Esmerelda. One thing for sure, we will keep her a while to make sure we like the "new" one (five years older) as well as we love Ezzie.

We took Ezzie 8,000 miles this last summer without so much as a hint of trouble and never any leaks, so she's in very good form. Thinking of selling her makes me a bit sad, but we probably will, eventually.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Pleased to read that you've zeroed in on a TT more closely suited to what you want. It isn't easy. I just today missed a great buy by a few hours. We're looking for pics when available. Glad to hear you had experienced help!
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Oh! Sorry you missed one. When that happens to me, I just figure it wasn't meant to be and maybe I dodged a bullet. Hope you get the next one you want!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote