Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-27-2005, 08:37 AM   #1
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1961 16' Bambi
1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Millstone Township , New Jersey
2006 Airstream Parkway Van Class B

Hello,

For all that are interested Airstream has released a new B-Van Touring Coach. It is based off of the very popular Airstream Interstate. Please take a look at some photos. Specifications will follow.

2006 Airstream Parkway 22'
Colonial Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
The front configuration is the same as I recently remodeled my 1982 Classic. Do you supposed they copied it from me?
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2005, 12:47 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
I notice 8 differences between the 2006 Parkway and the 2005 Interstate.

1. Cloth not leather seats.

2. Fabric walls instead of aluminum.

3. No tubular aluminum protector for the roof AC.

4. Aluminum instead of molded fiberglass running boards.

5. No coach side rear window vents.

6. No kitchen side window.

7. Solid door instead of plexi on entertainment center.

8. Higher price.
interstateflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1961 16' Bambi
1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Millstone Township , New Jersey
Differences.

I have found over 25 differences yet, the product is absolutly beautiful and functional like the Interstate. What do you think?
Colonial Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:07 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Airstream 290
Berkeley , California
Send a message via AIM to MrGoate
Okay, We'll Bite...

Well-equipped, functional, it represents nicely using a marketing strategy reminiscent of the 60's Cadillac Calais. However - and this is JOHO - the 'differences' listed by Interstate Flyer, along w/full body paint, were the very features that sold us on (and why we paid the premium for) the upscale Interstate vs. SOB Sprinter.

The lack of coach vent windows are surprising as these windows, with assist from the Fantastic Fan, keep the coach much cooler on warm days; if anything, we'd like to see the larger coach windows either tilt or slide open. A bed that lies completely flat would also be nice, as would a dinette/lounge option that, when deployed, creates a full bed as opposed to twins.

That said, we'd like to offer GREAT KUDOS to you on your website; this highly informative, well-maintained portal was a key factor in our decision making process, of which we've had absolutely no regrets. Here's hoping the Parkway will prove as successful as the outstanding Interstate.
MrGoate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:56 AM   #6
Rivet Master

An interesting alternative would be a Sprinter passenger van and a Bambi, at a combined MSRP $15,000 less than an Airstream B van.

Mark
Old 09-06-2005, 10:51 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by j54mark
An interesting alternative would be a Sprinter passenger van and a Bambi, at a combined MSRP $15,000 less than an Airstream B van.

Mark
That would be a great combo and we had considered that before buying our Interstate last July. The 158 High Top with one passenger seat row and the rest for cargo space would have good utility and great mileage. I know people who get 25-26 or better with their 158 and 140 single axle vans.

The 158 High Top Dually might be a better tow vehicle but gets 19 mpg under normal conditions. I have an aquaintance that tows a 16 foot 4500 pound trailer with his and gets 13-14. The single axle models are said to get 16 or less when towing.

We use our Interstate for most out of town travel and some area driving. It is a truely comfortable touring coach. At 22-23 mpg it gets much better mileage than our Chevy Tahoe (15-16) and suprisinly better than our small Land Rover Freelander (19-20). Our Tahoe gets 10.5+- when towing a 16 foot, 4500 pound trailer.

With the addition of Koni shocks and the correct tire pressures the Interstate drives like a dream. Its the best RV that I've ever driven in the wind. I'm sure that with the addition of a larger rear sway bar and air bags it woul be a decent tow vehicle for a light boat or utility trailer or even a Smart car.
interstateflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Irvine , California
Cool Experience with Interstate

I am considering buying an Interstate and would really like to know more about the experiences of people who have bought one. Here are some questions:
1.Can one use it effectively as a second car and park at the grocery, doctor, school, library, etc.?
2.How quiet is the generator? Could you leave it run all night without bothering people at a campsite or in your neighborhood?
3.How does the referigerator work if the coach is not completely level? I hear that some referigerators will not work unless level.
4.How easy is it to access the hookups? Where do you store outdoor chairs?
5.Can you park the Interstate in your neighborhood, or is it forbidden by CC&Rs because it is a motorhome?
6.What 3 features do you like best? What 3 do you like least?
7.Can you get a backup camera installed from the factory? GPS?
Thanks for your consideration. KLK
kkraemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Got One

Quote:
Originally Posted by j54mark

Mark
Look at my pic. Is this what you're talking about?I get 22-23 with the van fully loaded, driving it everywhere. I get 15-16 towing the 19CCD. Life is good! The Sprinter is better! I have Firestone rear air bags also, so no rear-end sag and a very taut ride!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote