Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-03-2005, 05:34 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Kenney , Texas
Airstream is replacing skylight

Under warranty, AS has replaced the forward skylight on our 2004. Remains to be seen whether it's going to make things worse or better. I hate the thought of them ripping stuff out of the roof, putting something new in there, and getting it all sealed up again.

Since it's never going to rain in S. Central Texas again (or so it seems, after this 5-year drought), it may be out of warranty before we discover leak is still with us. If that happens, I wonder if AS will stand behind the product at that time?
Old 09-05-2005, 02:48 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Roseville , California
Mine also failed miserably on the black tank, measuring full after a half-dozen flushes. Dealer said there were problems in the read-out unit and replaced it, and measurements now look reasonable, or close enough.

The other thing confusing about battery is this is the only measusrement that, at least on my unit, stacks up various colored LEDs to say my capacity is fully charged.
cammur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 05:02 PM   #43

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammur
The other thing confusing about battery is this is the only measusrement that, at least on my unit, stacks up various colored LEDs to say my capacity is fully charged.
I'm not quite sure what you mean here. The LED's will stack up as the black and grey water tanks fill. They go down for the propane tanks, battery, and fresh water supply. So if the battery, fresh water and propane tanks are "full" the LEDs will stack up to the full mark. The other items start out at empty. Are you saying that the panel does not measure these other items?

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 05:54 PM   #44
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
BTW, everyone...sorry that the site hasn't been up in months...got real busy at work and haven't had time to get the box rebuilt. I'll try to have it up later this month.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Exclamation Give 'im a break folks!

It's been two months since the big event and he's still 'busy?' Take your time, Eric, take your time. I've noticed your post rate is down* and suspect life is good!

*I'd still catch up to you if you were blocked from doing one- and two-liners!! (Note: this little add-on kept this post from being a two liner. You can't learn anything new from me though...)

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:51 PM   #46

Fenton , Missouri
Micropulse Calibration Instructions

Courtesy of Silvertwinkie I have loaded the PDF files regarding the systems monitor panel to my local WBCCI Unit's web site.

The links for calibration instructions are:

Placing the Monitor into calibration mode

The Micropulse Calibration Manual is

Calibration Manual

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 12-01-2005, 08:55 PM   #47
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
The original links and the server are now up.......and just under a year....alright!

Eventually, I will modify the main page with pics of my trip to Jackson Center this past April (2005).
Old 12-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #48
_

. , .
What Links?

twink
do you mean the ones in the first post of this thread?

if so they work just like like my monitoring system......not.

i do see the instructions in jacks post but no place else.

2air'

"sure i'm confused but what isn't?"
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:05 PM   #49
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Tanks

I have been trying to figure this out also.My black tank says it is full every time after about 3 or 4 flushes.Every other tank responds perfectly though.Does anyone thing it might be the unit in the tank by chance or would the monitor be calculated wrong for that tank only?Thanks

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:33 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Devoman, mine has been doing exactly the same thing since the day I got it. After two unsuccessful attempts by the dealer to correct it by perhaps reciting some incantations over it and then replacing the sensor, (although I would suspect it simply needs proper calibration), I'm resigned to the fact that they either lack the desire, or the expertise to fix it. I recall reading a thread on this forum about the calibration issue. Since it's not that critical, it's being added to an ever growing punch list for a trip to Jackson Center sometime next spring.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #51
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Tank

I think I am calling my dealer tomorrow to check if they can do it for me.I remember when I was there they said something about doing it for me but I did not have the time then.Now I do so I have plans to go there anyways for warranty work.If they can not do this I will give it a go and still try it again myself until it is done and I have figured it out.

Old 12-11-2005, 10:09 PM   #52
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
My water and grey water levels work pretty well. I have never been able to calibrate the black water level, and it always flashes full at me. It's easy enough to look down the hole and see where the level sits. A little gross, but easy.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:01 AM   #53
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
True

You are right about that.I have to look down it also to see where it is at.After doing this for a while now I want to have it recalibrated if possible.One time I opened it up to check it out and phewweeiiii.The aroma when right into nostrills.That was what did it for me.I dont want to look down there any more and have to worry about such things.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:50 AM   #54
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Air...yes, the links on the first page once again work. I just tested them here from work. They are also on Jack's links too. The instructions are somewhere on the links.

As for the calibration, I did come close when I recalibrated it myself. I did it 2x and it took fresh, black and grey to be filled, so that took a LOT of water to do 2x. When I took it to Jackson Center, it was dead on. Hopefully it will remain that way.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:07 AM   #55
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Calibration

I think I am going to do this today if possible.My tank is empty in the black tank.Would I be able to calibrate it just by filling it up a little bit and letting it read that and then fill it to the top and calibrate that or do I have to fill it to the top fisrt then drain and then fill just a little.I just want to double check on this.Thanks

Old 12-12-2005, 09:39 AM   #56

Fenton , Missouri
I haven't done this but when you go through calibration, the instructions note you must do all the tanks. So you will have to fill fresh water, black and grey tanks. Something that I definitely wouldn't want to do this time of the year or in my driveway at home where I have no blackwater disposal facilities.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 12-12-2005, 10:28 AM   #57
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Thank you

I think I will wait untill I go to a campground and get full hookup so I can do this when I can.If I am not able to I will just try a dealer instead.Thanks

Old 12-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #58
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
If I recall correctly, you put in say a gallon or near two in each tank, then do the first reading, then you fill it, and do the second reading. It then does it's calculations and it should have a good or better reading then you currently have.

A campground with full hookups is a great place to do it. We're lucky we have a PVC poke through next to the house by the driveway. In essence we have full hookups at home (minus a 30a outlet).

If you screw up the first time, don't fret, you can't really break it. I was worried the first time I did it, but it's not all that bad, just a waste of water.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:38 AM   #59
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Tank

When I had the 19' Bambi and was having problems with the black tank I never fixed it.After I had taken that one back and had gotten this new '05 25' Safari,They had told me that they had to recalibrate the system because the black tank was doing the same thing.They told me that the dealers used a sort of Ipod to do this.He said it was simple to do just by plugging it in and setting it up.The only thing though was this was from the factory with there specs and it was set up to make the black tank set at that level.The tech told me it sucked because everytime he has to set it he has to do it manually like he has to do mine.He also told me he had changed a few thing like the sensors and such but still said he thinks just doing it by hand was what set the black tank in the right setting..Mine works perfectly now.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #60

Fenton , Missouri
The tank calibration is done at the factory via a Palm Pilot program. According to the manufacturer all tanks should be calibrated properly unless the person doing the configuration doesn't identify the trailer model correctly when they run the calibration program. Obviously if the manual calibration effort fixes the issue, the problem lies solely at the feet of the factory and the person who performs that function using the automation.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15