Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2002, 10:53 AM   #1

Smile Size of black water tank

Hello all

I've never posted to this list so I'm stumbling through this. Are postings based on topic? Maybe if I read the instructions?

Anyway I have a '74 26 ft. Argosy with the rear bath and centre twin beds. I will have many questions as time goes on as I'm "restoring" the trailer. Basically repairs and major major cleaning.

Anyone have a copy of a service\owners manual for this trailer? As well, I'm trying to find out the size of the black water tank. The trailer was manufactured in 7\73 so there's no gray tank.

I just found that I can edit my post after submitting it. Nice feature. The dump cap on the black tank is leaking. Can the seal be lubricated to stop this? (I've been reading other postings and thanks to the person who explained how the gray water drains I have a feeling that my dripping cap is due to the gray water draining. I will check for the possiblity of attaching a garden hose)

The Thetford sits on a raised platform. Is this platform the black water tank and if so then how would the bathtub drain into it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Gerald Young
Edmonton, Alberta
glyoungca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 02:45 PM   #2
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Gerald,

Welcome to the forum. I will answer what I can and I am sure that others can fill ni the blanks.

The toilet does sit right on top of the Black water tank. Since you do not have a gray tank the tub, and sinks will just drain into the outlet tube. Meaning time to get a tote tank.

As to the size of the actual tank, each year/floorplan has diffrent sizes, but is your Argosy a Motorhome( Like your avatar) or a trailer? It makes a big diffrence.

Service manuals and owners manuals can be purchased from

Helen Davis Secretarial Services
PO Box 484
Sidney, OH 45365
(937) 492-8885

She may have both for your year, good luck.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 04:09 PM   #3

Thanks Brett

My Argosy is the trailer. Thanks for the information. I'm basically stumbling through how things operate.

Which reminds me. What type of sock is used on the built in propane lantern?

As I'm posting this I'm wondering if I'm posting to the right forum? There seems to be many forums and I find it confusing.

The information gathered, however, is invaluable.

Gerald Young
Edmonton, Alberta
glyoungca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 04:17 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
you can post based on the topic if it is a general post which would apply to all or most airstreams. If you have a question or item specific to a type of trailer, or motorhome, you should post it on that forum page and you will get a more targeted audience.
The moderator will move the thread if it would benefit more from being somewhere else. Welcome aboard, we hope you learn and are able to share a lot here. Also check out the Airstreamphotos.com if you have not yet.
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote