Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Carnesville , Georgia
Access Panel Location for Shower???

Anyone know where the access panel to the interior shower is located in a 2016 Classic 30’? The shower head backs to the wall of the bedroom where the tv is hanging. Need to replace mixing valve to fix a leak. Just bought yesterday and water continuously leaks in shower head and down on the floor when water is turned off in shower. We can’t find the access panel to see what’s going on. The previous owner never winterized it (from Colorado) so we’ve made repairs to all the damaged plumbing but still can’t figure out the shower.
LessOrdinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:51 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Have you tried getting at it from the front? The PEX plumbing is flexible so they may have left enough slack in the lines to pull the valve from the front. Just guessing/hoping for you..... Mine backs onto the closet and there is a removable panel in there (which I discovered after doing some work from the front).

Is the leak out of the shower head? If so you may just need a cartridge which is accessible from the front by removing the trim plate.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #3
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Possible assistance in that mountain of manuals that came with trailer? As Al pointed out a cartridge is pretty simple. Shower valve manual might even have part numbers and such.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Victoria , British Columbia
We experienced exactly the same issue with our2016 30 Classic that we purchased used from a dealer. They ended up pulling the valve body out through the interior of the shower and replacing it. However it appears to me that there should be plenty of access from behind the bedroom Television. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to release the tv swing bracket. There is a strap attached to the bracket near a joint, but it will not pull down to release the bracket.
Camr is offline   Reply With Quote