Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Junk in my Trunk...eh, trailer

Hi everyone,

This spring, when getting the trailer road ready, I decided to pull out everything that we store in there, decide what we truly "need" and get rid of what just takes up space. Experience has helped, over the years, to eliminate lots of crap-eh, I mean things, and free up much needed space for, say, clothing.

So, here's my question, what do you put in your camper that stays in your camper for your next trip?

The list begins:
Sunblock, bugspray, paper plates, toothpaste,
hotLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
cold weather clothing, aluminum coffee pot, first aid kit,

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
A must is my 18 volt drill with a extention and socket that fit the stableizing jacks, it keeps me from getting dizzzzzzy .
Old 07-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Plastic silverware, paper towels, toilet paper, Damp Rid, plastic cups, barbeque utensils, outdoor chairs, bottled water, shower shoes, pillows, TV and DVD player, aim-n-flame, salt and pepper...
Old 07-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #5
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
pink flamingoes and beer!

john
Old 07-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by john hd
pink flamingoes and beer!

john
Oh, yeah. And Bacardi and a blender, both must-haves!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Talking

My 25' Sovereign stays loaded with hunting paraphenalia sans arms and ammunition. Boots (3 pair), camo t-shirts/BDUs, thermal underwear, hats, socks, rain gear, turkey vest/calls, camo insulated bib overalls, etc. My TV, VCR, 800 watt Inverter, cassette tapes, 12 v. fan, set of box end wrenches, set of pliers, volt meter, allen wrenches, lug wrench, full set of Craftsman screwdrivers, rivet gun/rivets, pots/pans/skillets, stainless spatula/spoon, nylon spatula/numerous spoons for teflon coated pans, pot holders, oven/refrigerator/freezer temp gauges, food timer so I don't burn the biscuits, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, ziplock bags, two and a half gallon water container which sits on the counter, one 5 gallon folding water container filled just before I leave, first aid kit, Permanone or Repel Permethrin (spray on clothes only not on skin), various bug sprays to keep knats/ticks/skeeters off me, RAID bug killer to run off yellow jackets/bees/wasps, no stinkem deoderant as well as no stinkem body soap/shampoo, towels/washclothes, TUMS (those also stay in the trailer), Weber Baby Q grill with 20 lb. bottle and gas hose (bottle stays in the garage until ready to leave for the trip then goes in the trailer or bed or truck), battery operated weather station, 2 FRS/GMRS radios with NOAA weather alert capability, 3 external filters, one 4' water hose, one 25' 5/8" water hose, one 25' 5/8 grey water hose, pressure regulator, 25' 30 amp extension cord, speed wrench for the stabilizers, patio carpet, 4 Citronela candle buckets, two 10' sewer hoses with adapters to go from Thetford to standard connections, FlushKing reverse flush, liquid/solid Odorlos tank chemical, Fantastic for counter cleanup, 5 nylon foldup chairs, both 5 watt and 25 watt solar panels for charging batteries when boondocking. There are 2 fishing rods in the shower and a small tackle box under the bathroom counter since I have been caught twice on a trip I could have fished and didn't have the gearI still have a little Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey 101 and Tequila/margueritta mix still left in the pantry. All this stays in the camper year round because I hate to pack for each trip. Obviously you could pull out the hunting gear if you didn't do that type of thing. Food/canned drinks and items from the refrigerator are the only things I take out when I come back from a trip (and the 20 lb. gas bottle). Believe it or not, I am not near over loaded.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1999 30' Excella 1000
Springfield , Oregon
Plastic bags. For trash, storing, moving things around...
Plastic buckets.
Baby wipes.
Disposable gloves. I like to wear them when fueling.
See through containers to store non canned foods. I haven't had mice or ants get in mine.
mouse traps, ant bait.
Air 6530
coastal me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:35 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Don't forget the laptop! I actually travel with two... one I call the walltop, the main brain connected to the 20" LCD. But the laptop runs Delorme GPS and sits up in the cockpit and is now networked with the walltop.
Don't forget all the cleaning supplies. I carry dish soap, class cleaner, toilet cleaner, non-formaldihyde black tank stuff.....oh! and toilet paper too!!
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:28 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2005 22' Interstate
Afton , Virginia
These stay in the Interstate all the time:
Disposable gloves for dumping holding tank for sure.
2 ea melmac plates, coffee cups, and a coffee apparatus such as a drip cone, filters, and thermos to catch it in. stainless steel flatware for two, set of stainless steel cookware (pot, frying pan, and a spatula)
a plastic pan that fits in the sink.
a bag of hand tools, tire gauge with 120 pound limit, torque wrench with a socket that fits the wheels, 25 foot fresh water hose, and a 25 foot "garden" hose for washing stuff.
No food
fridge is cleaned and door propped open
fresh water is empty, or near so, and holding tank is 1/4 full of "fresh" water.
regards
a 5 foot shoebag hanging on the toilet door which contains all sorts of useful stuff, like hand soap, dish soap, small rollof toilet paper.
herrgirdner is offline   Reply With Quote