Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
Casper , Wyoming
Best airstream dealer

Anyone have an airstream dealership or salesman they would recommend? The ones I have contacted so far don't seem motivated to make a sale...but want a deposit...
Racheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheli View Post
Anyone have an airstream dealership or salesman they would recommend? The ones I have contacted so far don't seem motivated to make a sale...but want a deposit...
I bought mine at Foley RV (a.k.a. Airstream of Mississippi) 2œ years ago, and have only good things to say about the dealership and sales staff, the parts department, and only one minor complaint about the service department (they let my house batteries run down below 0% charge while it was in the shop), otherwise all good things to say about the service department as well.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Reed Point , Montana
Highly recommend you give Karyn and Nick a call at Airstream of Spokane.
I checked out/visited three before finding them......the best.

"This was not a paid endorsement"

Cheers and wish you the best, send a private mess. if you'd like more info.

Mike
Bigskyrider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:27 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Boothbay Harbor , Maine
We recommend Colonial Airstream in Lakewood, NJ. We've purchased two new Airstreams from them. Both deals were made over the phone with Lauren Botticelli as the sales person. I think they are the largest dealer in the US and seem honest. Even though it was a 10 hour drive for us...it was worth it.
2023 GMC Denali 3500
kdinnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Powell , Ohio
Check out Eric Davis at Haydocy Airstream in Columbus, OH. Eric is the man if you want someone really into the Airstream.
tbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I agree with Joyce and Kim. Colonial AS has treated us fairly,

John & Claire
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheli View Post
What State are you looking to buy one in?
Old 06-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigskyrider8 View Post
Highly recommend you give Karyn and Nick a call at Airstream of Spokane.
I checked out/visited three before finding them......the best.

"This was not a paid endorsement"

Cheers and wish you the best, send a private mess. if you'd like more info.

Mike
Second this. Competent service staff and friendly management. This is a good place to do business.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Casper , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by r carl View Post
What State are you looking to buy one in?
I'm in Wyoming so somewhere west would be nice. I love the colonial Website and videos, kind of far away though..
Old 06-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Casper , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdinnar View Post
We recommend Colonial Airstream in Lakewood, NJ. We've purchased two new Airstreams from them. Both deals were made over the phone with Lauren Botticelli as the sales person. I think they are the largest dealer in the US and seem honest. Even though it was a 10 hour drive for us...it was worth it.
Funny I just watched one of the videos with Patrick Botticelli and thinking of calling him. Only problem is I live in Wyoming!! Pretty far.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:31 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2014 16' Sport
Chicago , Illinois
We highly recommend Colonial as well. Patrick, Lauren, and David are great. They got us our deal when other dealers said that it couldn't be done. We are very happy with our purchase and experience with colonial. Well worth the drive from Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
john4170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:39 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I was recently at Colonial and there was a lady from Colorado there purchasing a Bambi. So folks do travel far to buy one
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:45 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
JD Sanders in Alachua Florida. See Ben Brooks or any of the other good guys there. Good sales, service and parts. Family owned. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:49 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Boothbay Harbor , Maine
It may be far, but it is well worth the trip. Patrick is extremely knowledgeable, as is his wife Lauren. Just talking to them over the phone can answer many specific questions you have about Airstreams and specific models, even if you don't buy from them. At least you could compare their price with another dealer that is closer.
For us, we bought both of ours, sight unseen. We did the paperwork and owned both trailers months before seeing either one. We depended on their integrity.
We arrived the night before our orientation was scheduled. They had the trailers ready for use to stay in behind the dealership. The next morning, their technician, Kevin, went through everything and got us hitched up. Others, picking up new motorhomes, were next to us.
This could be a nice vacation trip for you. You could even plan a stop at Jackson Center to see the factory or get any glitches taken care of.
Could be fun!
2023 GMC Denali 3500
kdinnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:23 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Blacksburg , Virginia
dealer

I agree, with 'Protagonist', Airstream of Mississippi. Easy to get to is always a plus. I have driven in NJ before. Compared to that, Mississippi is 'Wide-Open' spaces
There is a fella in the service department, 'Gary' and he knows hitches! He helped me adjust my Equalizer hitch for the new 28 International. We adjusted right down to the quarter inch rise or drop! It was perfect for the 845 mile drive back home to Virginia. It did not require any other adjustments. I have had my hitch for 7 years and we checked the torque on the bolts. You want a perfectionist when working on a hitch. Gary knows hitches !
Decent price, had the trailer we wanted, not to many surprises on the trade. Call Louis and tell him his friend in VA recommended him.
Have a good one!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
We had great experiences with two Texas dealerships. One was in Fort Worth and one was in Buda, outside of Austin. Camper Clinic II in Buda had a large selection. We ended up purchasing our 2014 FC in Buda because they had the floor plan we needed when we wanted it. Fort Worth knew we were shopping in both places but the floor plan we wanted was on order and not due to arrive at their dealership until late June. We needed it to prepare for our extended trip in July. We will be passing through Casper so wave if you see us on the road!
silverlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #17
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Either Airstream NW (Seattle/Boise is closer to you) or Colonial. We bought from Colonial from Denver, CO. Easy drive at the time of year for pickup.

If you haven't seen all of the models or know exactly what you want it is worth a trip to Colonial or ASNW in Seattle to see nearly if not all models in one visit.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Lots of folks travel across the country to deal with Colonial. We are repeat offenders there and highly recommend them.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
We towed our last Airstream (23 FC FB, which we bought new at a dealership thirty five miles from us) back to Colonial for some reason or other. ;-)

In my opinion, they are simply the best all around Airstream dealer in the nation.

https://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #20
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Bought mine at Toscano RV in Los Banos, CA. Salesman was Michael Scott who was knowledgeable and not pushy. Service department is excellent. No complaints whatsoever.