Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2003, 03:28 PM   #1
saxonsraven

This is how the forum works

Here I get to praise the spirit of this forum. I would not say I have had the best of times jet with my Argosy MH but being a patient man I am willing to wait. I got my 24 MH in April 2003 and I should have looked closer than I did. I knew my MH needed work and was ready to do in stages- yeah right I have rebuilt the engine twice in Texas so the mechanic says (I think as I was not there I could not prove one way or the other). Now I am installing in the same manner (on faith that it will be done right) at a distance, I am in New York and the MH is in MO.

The SPIRIT that I wish to point out to those out there who think being a part of this forum is just to read the advice and look at members pretty pictures better take note. The POWER is in the fact that our members care about what happens to each and every one of us not just by writing words on the screen but by PARTICIPATING. I what to thank "thenewkid64" for finding me a 454 engine in the MO area that cost half of what I was being quoted over the phone. We don't just have members like "DON" and "ALAN" commenting on the forum they really HELP.

In some repects the assistance and information only would have come from those who have been in the same predicaments in some way or other themselves and know how it feels to be "in the middle of no where" so I would like to make two proposals.

1. That we should an anual award to the persons who the
forum feels deserves a "Knighthood" for their service to the
rest of us. (coming to the rescue, saving one of us from
financial mistakes concerning an AS/Argosy/trailer-MH).

2. Let us the membership incorporate as an association/society
club so that the rest of the planet can see what type of
caliber this forum has when they see the embelm (could I say
colors) moves down the road. WHAT SAY YOU?
Old 08-07-2003, 04:58 PM   #2
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
Thumbs up sir brett?

hey if you want to klunk brett over the shoulder with a sword go right ahead!

i think the folks that run this forum are a stand up bunch of people.

kudos, keep up the good work!

john
john hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 07:29 PM   #3
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
I humbly accept the praise heaped upon me, but I canot take all the credit for the the help I gave to Saxonraven. I had many members offer help and advice when I so publicly blew up my motor

I do belive in passing on the good juju that I get from the forum. I hope everyone does, the world will be a better place for it.

I am a firm beliver in being an infomed owner, I was about to make some of the same decisions (wrong/expensive) that other have made and learned from. I want to benifit from others experience if I can, Look at the Fred goes to stone mountain thread for example. $25.00 worth of parts, a few sparks and all is working. All because of fourm help. That is what it is all about in my opinion.

So help if you can, and if you can't well at least be a cheering section. We all need it.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:11 PM   #4
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Oh, now I think there are several of you that have helped another forum member a time or two. You know who you are and so do we. All of you helpful people should be members of The Knights of the Round Tinsel

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 04:12 AM   #5
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
Quote:

In some repects the assistance and information only would have come from those who have been in the same predicaments in some way or other themselves and know how it feels to be "in the middle of no where" so I would like to make two proposals.

1. That we should an anual award to the persons who the
forum feels deserves a "Knighthood" for their service to the
rest of us. (coming to the rescue, saving one of us from
financial mistakes concerning an AS/Argosy/trailer-MH).

2. Let us the membership incorporate as an association/society club so that the rest of the planet can see what type of caliber this forum has when they see the embelm (could I say colors) moves down the road. WHAT SAY YOU?

Until something like that is developed a person can still complement them for a good deed so to speak, by clicking on their karma and placing a comment there and upping their karma! I think this is what that function would be for.

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 05:27 AM   #6
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Lightbulb

Or you could surprize a helpful member with

********The Proud Wally Award********

They are inexpensive, nice to look at and don't catch dust.
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote