Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Boca Raton , Florida
Airstream Interstate secondary AC

I see that Sprinter offers a secondary ceiling mounted AC that runs off the engine.

Does anyone have knowledge of this system?

Being down in Florida I'd rather add this unit than running generator and rear unit all the time.

Plus the way it looks it seems like it could fit in the opening where the Max Air vent is, which we never use.
Teamaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Boca Raton , Florida
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/> <title></title> </head> <body> <div class="page" title="Page 19"> <div class="section"> </div> </div> </body> </html>
Teamaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamaron View Post
Being down in Florida I'd rather add this unit than running generator and rear unit all the time.

Plus the way it looks it seems like it could fit in the opening where the Max Air vent is, which we never use.
Lewster might know. His Sprinter is not an Interstate.

I never use my rooftop a/c while driving, just the dashboard a/c. But then again, more often than not there's nobody sitting in back when I'm in transit.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
The auxiliary roof air from Mercedes is a factory option. It takes up quite a lot of roof space and AFAIK, it can not be added after the initial build.

A friend has the unit on his and loves it! It does take up a lot of roof space though.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote