Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-23-2016, 07:04 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
I converted my Micropulse tank monitoring system to Seelevel last summer. A DIY project. The Seelevel is 1,000 times better. However one must have realistic expectations. The water tanks are flat and wide. Mine, for a 27FB, are approximately 5 feet long, by 2 feet wide by about 10 inches high. The sender unit is a strip of plastic with embedded electronics that is glued to the outside of the tank. So it's easy to see how just a slight out of level situation will cause a different read.

Since I did the job myself I filled both grey and black tanks to level I considered full then using masking tape place the sender's to read 100% at that point. Did the same for fresh, except to read zero when about empty. Do to the design of the Seelevel sender's they can't go exactly proportional to water level. In other words my gray will read zero for awhile even if say 10% full. However they will increment up to 100%, then the tank is full. Same, but opposite for the fresh.

The glue on the sender's is really sticky. I doubt they can be move without destroying them. The installations says so too. It's a one time stick on. Replacement sender's cost $50. However the really hard part is getting access to the tanks. I found that 90% of the cost of my project was labor. All in all though I'm very pleased with the SeeLevel over the old highly inaccurate Micropulse.
kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 12:00 PM   #22
honi soit qui mal y pense

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Our 2015 23' FC FB has also exhibited tank monitor issues. I too have added water with a bucket and confirmed irregularities. Looks like a trip to the dealer while still under warranty. Gray water is our biggest unknown at this point although fresh and black have issues. I fill fresh to overflow, carry a few extra gallons in the truck when boondocking, and monitor the black through the "loo" beginning five or six days into the trip to the outback.
2016 Chev Silverado LT Crew 4x4
Robere is offline   Reply With Quote