Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2016, 12:17 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
2015 25' Flying Cloud
Blue Ridge , Georgia
AC Drain

25' 2015 Flying Cloud. Water draining around the right front door after using the heat pump. I think the drain is behind the right rear wheel. Has anyone had blow out there drain line and if so whats the best way to do so? Thanks
Gleverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:01 PM   #2
ShinyPete

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Bushnell , Florida
G-

I'm reading between the lines on your post a little bit, and making some assumptions..........

I assume when you say right side you mean the street side of the coach, not the curb (entry door) side. I know our 27fb A/C drain tube is in the street side wheel well, and I'm betting it is on your 25 as well. I also assume when you say you have water dripping from the right front door you mean a storage compartment door, and I further assume you have an FB twin floorplan like ours which would have front side storage compartment doors. I may be way off here and if so, never mind.

I can tell you that sometimes when we run our heat-pump on cold, humid mornings, we get water runoff from the unit onto the roof of our coach, which runs onto the ground at random places. It has nothing to do with the condensate drain pan/tube like when you're running the A/C. It seems to be general condensation on the exterior of the unit, it finds it's way to the roof, and goes away eventually. The only other thing I can think of is you have a slow leak from inside of your water heater compartment "door", maybe a loose drain plug or weeping T/P valve.

Of course I may be way off and nothing I've suggested helps you at all! But I hope it helps some........
ShinyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
2015 25' Flying Cloud
Blue Ridge , Georgia
I was using the heat pump early in the morning to warm up the inside. I noticed water dripping from the top along my awning down the left side of the entry door. I thought all condensation from the AC/HP was suppose to drain out the drain tube which is, your correct, on the left rear wheel well.
Gleverett is offline   Reply With Quote