Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #461
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Anybody else need rain? I'll be happy to drive through your town for a nominal fee.
Ah, yes! We need rain desperately. It all went east this year, we're way below average.
Maybe if you call our governator, he might take care of you real good if you can bring our reservoirs back to normal.
In any event, I am glad to read that you are recovering so well! Best of luck to you!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:00 AM   #462
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Arlington , Texas
Dittos on the Luck & Prayers!

Sames goes for me, Terry! So good to hear of your progress and it's refreshing to know this community is still praying for you. Thanks again for your friendship and your sterling example of endurance. I'd call that the "silver lining in Little Black Cloud."
Old 05-07-2007, 08:39 AM   #463
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Thumbs up Great news!

WooHOO Terry! Its great to hear you are sporting no more than a cane and you're back to driving. Mobility can only improve now.

Marie, it's a good thing you're eyes are improving through technology, so to speak. You're going to need all the help you can get just to keep a visual on Terry. I have a feeling he will push the envelope as far as he dares to go.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #464
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Terry, glad you've graduated to using a cane. Too bad this isn't approved for medical use.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #465
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Marie is at the eye surgery place as I write this. My brother drove her there, and will bring her back, as I don't think I can stand, walk, and drive enough to get her there and back. With any luck, she will have 20/20 vision now, and I can remove the second lens in her eyeglasses...
Old 05-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #466
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Okay, Marie's second surgery seems to be as successful as the first, so she should be good to see anything anywhere now.
I get to see the Physical Therapy folks tomorrow (aka pain and torture).
Old 05-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #467
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
A new direction?

With all these misadventures plaguing us, we have been having to make some really tough decisions. One of those decisions has been what to do about our living situation. The stop-gap solution is to move into a friend's house for now, but obviously that can't last forever. So, in a flash of creativity (desperation?), we are looking into selling our replaceable household items and possessions, and start full-timing. One of the worst parts about this option, is since Goliath (our 1963 Overlander) isn't well suited to that lifestyle, we would be forced to either store or sell the trailer I have spent the better part of 2 years bringing back to life. I think we would have considered this option sooner, if that had not been one of the drawbacks of doing so.
Soooo.......if any of y'all want to be a vintage Airstream owner, now is your chance. All systems are in working order, and it is usable as-is, but needs to be finished.
This is not a decision we have made lightly, and I am trying to feel as positive about this as I can. The good part is, this means we should wind up with a more modern Airstream better suited to living in long-term.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #468
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
Hello Terry,Hope you guys get better fast!!!Be carefull,you know how those Florida doctors can be .Don't let 'em know your hobby .Ah,better do some extra work on this guy,he can afford an Airstream . Brian
wanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:22 PM   #469
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer1
Hello Terry,Hope you guys get better fast!!!Be carefull,you know how those Florida doctors can be .Don't let 'em know your hobby .Ah,better do some extra work on this guy,he can afford an Airstream . Brian
We are all supposed to be millionaires here, unlike the argosy thousandaires...
Old 05-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #470
_

. , .
Quote:
Soooo.......if any of y'all want to be a vintage Airstream owner, now is your chance....
sorry to read this terry.

but agree the 63 is a tad small for full timin'...

IF you're committed to selling,

it might be useful to us 'shoppers'...

if you post some recent pics and a list of upgrades, fixes and still need2dos...

i'm assuming the pix in your photo gallery are dated...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #471
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
sorry to read this terry.

but agree the 63 is a tad small for full timin'...

IF you're committed to selling,

it might be useful to us 'shoppers'...

if you post some recent pics and a list of upgrades, fixes and still need2dos...

i'm assuming the pix in your photo gallery are dated...

cheers
2air'
I'll be taking pictures tomorrow for the ad, so they will be the freshest possible. No one wants stale photos for a fresh ad...
Old 05-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #472
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
One of the worst parts about this option, is since Goliath (our 1963 Overlander) isn't well suited to that lifestyle, we would be forced to either store or sell the trailer I have spent the better part of 2 years bringing back to life. ................. This is not a decision we have made lightly, and I am trying to feel as positive about this as I can. The good part is, this means we should wind up with a more modern Airstream better suited to living in long-term.
Terry, I know this is but one more dose of mixed feelings you've dealt with in this recent period. It's got to be tough. My profile sez 'no courtesy parking' but that's not necessarily true. (well, it would be if you got a 34')

So Ter? Do we know anybody who could switch your username to classic98? You hang with the right crowd buddy.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #473
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good evening to all,

Things happen fast around our house! We are in the process of sorting and getting ready for one heck of a yard sale.

It seems we both wanted to full time to cut down on "stuff" and make life less messy and easier on the two of us. Sooo, we are doing it.

By the way, the 2nd cataract surgery was a great success also. I could see a flea at 2 blocks after the first one, now I can tell you how many spots it has, (58).

I am very happy with our decision, I can clean less and enjoy life more, and so can he.

Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Marie
Old 05-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #474
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Marie, in some ways I envy you two. I've thought about full-timing, or maybe 3/4 timing in the future but "stuff" gets in the way. I know you are in position where you have been rudely nudged to cut down on material goods with all the unfortunate circumstances, but less mess, less cleaning, less clutter, and more life . . . that sounds mightly nice. Things always happen for a reason. Later y'all may be asking yourselves, "now why didn't we do this years ago?".

BTW, glad to hear the eyes are seeing clearly now.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #475
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
Terry, I know this is but one more dose of mixed feelings you've dealt with in this recent period. It's got to be tough. My profile sez 'no courtesy parking' but that's not necessarily true. (well, it would be if you got a 34')
How about a 32'?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #476
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Why not?
Old 05-08-2007, 07:20 PM   #477
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Why not?
Okay. We are looking at a 32' 89 landyacht...another project, but the work it needs, I am able to do, or con my brother into doing.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:05 PM   #478
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Ditn't Justin Wilson call 'em yach-its? He's probably a bit Louisianan but my Chattanooga friend knows about Justin Wilson...

It gets late earlier the further north you go. Crawling back in my hole now.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 05-09-2007, 06:06 AM   #479
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot
Marie, in some ways I envy you two. I've thought about full-timing, or maybe 3/4 timing in the future but "stuff" gets in the way. I know you are in position where you have been rudely nudged to cut down on material goods with all the unfortunate circumstances, but less mess, less cleaning, less clutter, and more life . . . that sounds mightly nice. Things always happen for a reason. Later y'all may be asking yourselves, "now why didn't we do this years ago?".

BTW, glad to hear the eyes are seeing clearly now.
Dacia,

I think, after 38 years as a nurse and working double shifts, 7 days a week and no vacations, i need to slow down. I think this was the higher powers way of telling both of us to STOP and smell the roses. There are so many things we want to do and see, why work ourselves into oblivion and not have the time to enjoy God's beauty.

I figure I don't need a bunch of stuff to take care of, I don't want to clean and care for a big 3 bedroom/2 bath house anymore. I don't mind working, but I would like it to be on my terms, not others .

There are lots of ways a nurse can work, and not full time, to make money. Private duty, agency, etc.

We told Scott, the son, last night and he thought it was great. He asked if we would have more time to spend with him and his darling wife (can you tell I just love her to death), and I said we would.

Has anyone seen my glasses? Terry has to keep reminding me I don't wear them anymore. But I keep looking for them and pushing them up on my nose.

Thanks for listening and caring.

Marie
Old 05-09-2007, 06:20 AM   #480
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Ditn't Justin Wilson call 'em yach-its? He's probably a bit Louisianan but my Chattanooga friend knows about Justin Wilson...

It gets late earlier the further north you go. Crawling back in my hole now.
Huey Lewis says it's hip to be square. We'll see.