Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Woodlands , Texas
Want to buy an Airstream, need info. Help?

Hey guys! I am brand new to the Airstream dream. I am planning to buy an Airstream trailer (vintage maybe?) and becoming a fulltimer. I am also planning to buy a USED tow vehicle for it. I am thinking I'm looking for about a 30' trailer. Looked at a new 25' Safari, too small, 34' too big. Whats the most popular model Airstream for a fulltimer? A couple will be living and/or traveling in this trailer daily. Which Airstream is the best overall for living, comfort, price, weight, size, etc. I would really like to have the double bed model. Not so concerned about the year as the condition and living conditions inside. Will I need additional air conditioning, insulation, anything extra? Any suggestions as to where to find my used Airstream? I'm living in Texas now. Any good used dealers around the country? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
aaastircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
You've come to the right place. That's an awful lot of questions, but I'm happy to say that you can answer them all by thorough research into the subforums here. In the end, however, you are the one who has to make those decisions.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Berkeley , California
After reading the appropriate posts and reviewing comments, I finally settled on a 27' Safari, Rear Twin... the gaucho is easily converted into a Queen with an appropriate air matress... not too long to tow and set-up, and seems to avoid the sag issue of longer units. The extra 2' over a 25' can make a difference, in particular on those inclement days. A longer trailer is somewhat like flying... it isn't going from point A to point B... it is the take offs and the landings!
Prodigy/Enkay/Hensley/Solar/LED lighting
AIR 4598 / WBCCI FCU 8579/
EAA 872814
BeBop is offline   Reply With Quote