Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2002, 08:29 PM   #1
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Hello Guest!!

We know you are out there.
We really would like to hear from you and your Airstream.
Why don't you consider becoming a registered user.
Nothing to loose, it's all free.
This forum is so awesome, you can completely protect your privacy.
Your questions, opinions and experience could be of great benefit for a fellow airstreamer.
We need you!
Think about it!
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 01:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I would like to add to the invitation. This is a great site with the potential to be even greater! Not much idle chit chat here.
Those motorhome owners out there please get involved, so maybe we can evolve into a true support group to be there with info and keep our vehicles as alive and functioning as the many trailers still being used and cared for.
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 01:41 AM   #3
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Lightbulb Privacy and Features not available from any other Airstream community online!

You can include info on your tow vehicle and up to 3 different Airstreams you own in your profile. This makes it real easy to see what members own what units so you can share your knowledge together.

Buddy List and Ignore List are features that are not available elsewhere. If you do not like the posts made by a specific member you can have them removed from your view. On the other hand if you have met a member at a rally and want to share info with them, add them to your buddy list. You can send private messages to your buddies as a group or 1 at a time.

Unlike a list server where you have to provide your email address for everyone on the list to see which in turn exposes your email to spiders that can submit your email address to unwanted spammers. These forums allow you to select a username/handle and can prevent unwanted solicitations by keeping your email private!

There are lots of reasons to join! Most importantly, the sooner you join, the more likely it is that you will get the screen name/handle you want before someone else takes it!

Don't forget you also get 1MB worth of photo storage @ www.airstreamphotos.com !!! [/B]
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 04:33 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Hello to everyone and thank you to those who developed this site as well as those who contribute. I have been lurking for several months now and have my Airstream knowledge has grown by leaps and bounds. This is truly an awesome forum.
My name is Bruce and my wife and I are recent owners (Aug 2002) of a 34 ft. 1989 Excella. It is our first Airstream and we absolutely love it. We chose to park/lot in Northern Michigan for our base for the time being. We are both employed with minimal time off, so traveling is not suitable at this time (someday).
We recently toured the A/S factory in Jackson Center. They do a nice job of getting people up close and I would recommend the tour.
I will post some pictures of my A/S as soon as possible. The previous owners took excellent care of it, so there is only minor cosmetic work to do.
Thank you for allowing me to be part of this very informative forum and I look forward "meeting" the members.

Bruce
BReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 02:17 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Smile I am new

I have been reading and studying this forum for a couple of months, have even shyly e-mailed a few privately because I was a little nervous going public with my Airstream questions--but you all are great!!
I have posted a photo, and have researched the removal of Clearcoat & polishing sites, and can't wait to get started.
I have a 1977 Sovereign which has not been moved from the campsite for at least 8 years--I bought it 1 1/2 years ago.
It will be a big job, but even my husband and his family have gotten onto the bandwagon to refinish it and get it roadworthy.
I'd love to just take it for a spin around the campgrounds, but we have a lot to do!!!
You WILL be hearing from me, but I hope not too much!
Barbara
Old 03-14-2003, 05:35 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
I hope we will be hearing form you a LOT.

Welcome Barbara.

-BobbyWright
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 08:52 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Barbara!!
It's a small world, I use too live in Long Branch (second&West end Ave)
This is also my first post and I bought my A/S a year and a half ago.
I posted A couple of pix in the members photo section.......Thomas
N.J 74 sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:42 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Cool

To N.J 74 Sovereign

Wow! I know exactly where you lived. We live on Norwood Ave. right down the street from Dale's Deli! Someone on Brighton Ave. has a beautiful Airstream in their driveway--I think that's what got me interested initially. It has been there for awhile but is in perfect shape. I can only aspire to be that diligent in my care of the 77 Sovereign.
Where do you live now? Where do you keep your trailer?
Old 07-11-2003, 06:26 AM   #9
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Hi, Guests!

The counter says that right now there are SEVENTY of you touring the Forums!

Welcome, and please consider joining us! We all enjoy Airstreams, and we try to bring our knowledge out for everyone. We know that you have something to share as well!

Please consider joining and adding what you know to the body of knowledge we have. And, the camraderie is wonderful. This forum has a real sense of community!

Best regards,

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 03:24 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Thumbs up

Hello my name is FlynG and I am a RV junkie.

I have just found this site a couple of days ago. I have been enjoying it very much. We (wife, 2 boys- 3 and .4) are trying to figure out what we really want. There will be a lot of questions to follow.

FlynG
FlynG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:55 PM   #11
BDBLUEGRASS

1975 31' Sovereign
HEBER SPRINGS , Arkansas
HELLO FLYNG
WELCOME, I OWNED MY ARGOSY ABOUT SIX MONTHS WHEN I FOUND THIS FORUM. I FIND IT VERY INFORMATIVE AND THE MEMBERS VERY HELPFUL. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SEARCH. WHAT TOWN IN ARK. ARE YOU NEAR? I JUST FOUND A NEW AIRSTREAM DEALER IN SEARCY AR.. THE ONLY ONE IN ARK. THAT I KNOW OF. I AM AT HEBER SPRINGS NEAR GREERS FERRY LAKE.

GOOD LUCK

BILLY
bdbluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:10 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

bdbluegrass,

I live near Houston, AR west of Conway.

I found out about the Searcy dealer from the Airstream website. I haven't made it over there yet. I expect that our first RV will probably be used. But, I can dream about a new one.

Looking forward to more,
FlynG
FlynG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 04:41 AM   #13
BDBLUEGRASS

1975 31' Sovereign
HEBER SPRINGS , Arkansas
FLynG

WE HAVE OWNED R.V.S IN THE PAST BUT WE BOUGHT OUR FIRST A.S. PRODUCT LAST YEAR. IT IS A 1976 26FT ARGOSY IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. WE WOULD LIKE A NEW A.S. BUT SINCE WE BOTH STILL WORK WE CANT JUSTIFY THE COST TO ONLY USE IT A FEW TIMES A YEAR

LATER

BILLY
bdbluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:53 AM   #14
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Funny, we were at Illinois Beach State Park last weekend and we saw two Airstreams in the park besides ours.

I passed on the URL for this forum to one and to the other, he told me that he checks around from time to time already.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 05:28 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Well I didn't have to guest I just joined. As the name states I am an airstream lover have since I was a kid,( well still am at 38) I am interested in the older ones. Unfortunately I don't have one yet but will someday.

Tim
Airstreamlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 04:58 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Hello to All!
This is my first post also. We are from WI (30 mi. S of Green Bay) We are thinking of buying the A/S currently on ebay - Phoenix area. Is anyone familiar with it? We have never owned an RV and never camped. However, I did cook -for 3 of us out of the back end of a mini van - from WI to Seattle and back =3 weeks. Many years ago, I drove a school bus. We are over 60. These are the only credentials I have. Anyone have any opinion?

Many many thanks for all replies.
Carol
Old 08-09-2003, 09:07 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Buying an Airstream...

Carol, I assume you're looking at eBay 2427036296 . That looks like a decent unit, if you're willing to build a dinette, which shouldn't be all that much trouble.

The big Airstream question is "frame separation," which you can find a lot more infomation on in this forum. Other than that, if the fridge and airconditioner work, you're pretty much set.

The question for you to ask yourself is "What will I tow this monster with?" I have a 25' Airstream that I tow with a 2001 Tahoe 5.3L with the factory towing package, and while the frame and towing setup is fine, I wouldn't mind another 50 hp at times. O well!

Pay careful, careful attention to your hitch and tow setup. I probably spent as much time researching that as I did the trailer.

But if you do it right, which I would blushingly say that I did (or at least "close enough") towing is not a problem.

Don
drboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 07:46 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

Question AS options

I am new at the AS topic but am trying to find out some info and you guys seem to have most of the answers at this great site.
I have been seriously looking at AS (28 Classic) and have been trying to find what the standard features and options are. The brochure is not specific and an email to AS got a cryptic reply about specs on a 22 Int'l. Can anyone help?? Thanks a Mill-
cof
dlorahcof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 09:44 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Welcome cof,

The Airstream website has recently improved the information available.
Click here to Download a Full Specification PDF. This link is from the Specifications page in the Classic section.

Colonial Airstream in NJ provides a very informative type link, though this version still seems to be 2003 models. It might prepare you for the full explanation you will get by kicking tires at a dealer. Now if only I wasn't working Tuesday!!!

Enjoy,

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 01:15 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

Smile

Thanks Bob
This is more than I got from either the dealer or AS.
Am looking at an 03 and couldn't figure what was supposed to be there.
The dealer sheet said a radio w/cd changer that wasn't there and
it had awnings that weren't on the dealer sheet.
New guy-
Had a lug wrench mentallity and the obvious defects were going to be fixed by someone from the local Ford dealer.
Go figure!
Thanks again.
dlorahcof is offline   Reply With Quote