Old 09-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Protagonist-

Most likely, we'll be "at large" to start. Still learning the ropes, as they say. Didn't know that there was a New Orleans unit. But then again, it's my partner who has visited the official site & done that type of research.
Also, I agree. Birds of a feather, are guilty by association. LoL But as I often tell Cowboy: "Different things, are important to different people."

Old 09-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCamino Man View Post
Hey guys. Like most Airstreams, mine has had a number on it. I have always disliked this as I do not want to look like I am part of an Airstream club. Is there a way to remove these numbers without taking off the clearcoat with it?
Got this method from Inland Andy: hold a wet towel over the numbers and then go over them with a steam clothes iron. Worked amazingly well - but the numbers I removed were only 5 years old...

Tom

Old 09-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCamino Man View Post
.... <snip>...And I don't think I was in the best mood either at the time lol. ....<snip> ...But I don't have the time to join WBCC and go to meetings and stuff. Thats more for when I retire in 40 years lol. ... <snip>...
(1) Yeah, it showed that you were not in the best mood.
(2) Some WBCCI Units don't hold dreary "meetings and stuff"... the 4CU, for example doesn't. If there's any club "business", its done via email, and that is pretty rare. When we get together it's to camp, enjoy our Airstreams, and catch up with friends ... and most of our rallies fall over long weekends because we have a lot of members who are not retired. It's a misconception that WBCCI is only for "old people" ... au contraire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Cowboys View Post
Protagonist-
Most likely, we'll be "at large" to start. Still learning the ropes, as they say. Didn't know that there was a New Orleans unit. But then again, it's my partner who has visited the official site & done that type of research.
Also, I agree. Birds of a feather, are guilty by association. LoL But as I often tell Cowboy: "Different things, are important to different people."
Just and FYI: Becoming a MAL (Member At Large) isn't the optimum way to go ... because it costs more, and you don't have a "connected" experience with folks at the Unit level ... You're a member of the club overall, yes, but no ties to a group, and that's really where the people and fun are to be found. You are better off to join a Unit where you'll have a more personal experience... Look around and visit a couple of unit events before deciding which to join in order to assure a good fit. Remember, too, that (a) you may join any unit you wish, not just the one in your locale, (b) as a member of WBCCI you can attend the functions of any unit ... you are not limited to functions of your home unit....and (c) you have the freedom to transfer your membership from one unit to another (during renewal) down the road if you want to...

Oh...about WBCCI numbers on rigs. We did not put our numbers on our rig...we don't like what it does to the clear coat ... they call us "baldies" ... But that's OK...
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Thanx TBRich. That's certainly something to consider. We discussed it & think we'll just wait a lil longer, before we join. Ask a few more questions & get abetted feel for what's the right "fit."
We've got a few more "fix its" to tackle this week. And we have a free stay at a lil camp ground, just north of New Orleans (home). We hope to get more of a feel of what it'll be like to LIVE in our Silver Bullet.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Ugh... "Better feel" for it. Darn FTS!! (Fat Thumb Syndrome)
Also- trying to settle on a good name for our Airstream. Any direction, as to where to look for inspiration?
Thanx
Old 09-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Trigger and Calico. Trigger for the TV, Calico for the trailer.

Roy and Dale
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
R & D,

We're toying around w- "Silver Bullet Express" but that seems a bit long (& not very creative). Lookin for short, sweet & sassy.

|;-{p
Old 09-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #22
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Cowboys View Post
R & D,

We're toying around w- "Silver Bullet Express" but that seems a bit long (& not very creative). Lookin for short, sweet & sassy.

|;-{p
Well, if you're looking for something with a Western feel, you could always look to Indians for your inspiration. You've made the leap to an Airstream, so why not, "Geronimo!"
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Hmm, that's a good one.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hi Ho, Silver!
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Who you callin' a...

Oops, wrong app!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
I'm 37, a VP in our unit, and I hate meetings (I work for the federal gov't and get my share there!). 99% of the time it's just camping...with friends!

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Just a note. The WBCCI has nothing to do with AIRFORUMS, although some activities are listed here. Most club members I have met pay little or no attention to the forums, but this s changing. I although get the impression that most forum members pay little or no attention to the club except to criticize it, but this also seems to be changing. Just a note, jim
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #28
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
This thread sure has gone off at a tangent from the original intent of figuring out how to remove old WBCCI numbers without leaving "ghost" numbers in their place. I'm partly to blame for that. Apologies to ElCamino Man for hijacking your thread to discuss WBCCI recruitment.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote