Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2004, 05:52 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Cool First Time Rally

Going to the Florida State Rally in Sarasota next month. This is our first rally. We got our a/s in March 03 & just love it. What is the rally going to be like?

David Morgan
28 ft. Classic
wbcci 3451
David Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 06:49 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
First Time Rally

Greetings David!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Rallying!

You are approaching what can be one of the most enjoyable experiences in Airstreaming. I have yet to attend a WBCCI Rally that I didn't enjoy. It does help to be prepared. Among the items that you will want to have or do:

1. Be sure to arrive at the Rally with full fresh water tank and empty waste holding tanks. Also being sure that your house battery is fully charged will be helpful in the event that you need to stay in the "Bullpen" overnight or it may take a little time to get utilities in place if parking is immediate.

2. Be sure to have at least one free-flowing "Y" and at least one 50' length of white drinking water hose (2 lengths are often useful). A short length of hose to attach the "Y" to your coach with a separate "shut-off" valve can be helpful in the event that you want to shut off water service to your coach without interrupting service to others "on your line".

3. Be prepared for rally electric which means that you will have the need of an adapter to connect your electric power cord to a standard electrical outlet - - one on a "pig-tail" can help in making it easier to plug-into the Rally electric outlet.

4. Be prepared for leveling your rig. Since parking is often in a field, you may need more than the normal number of leveling blocks.

As first-time Rally attendees at a Rally the size of the Florida State Rally, I suspect that you will be welcomed warmly upon arrival and presented with "First-Timer" ribbons as well as pamphlets that will acquaint you with all of the planned activities during the Rally. In all probability, you will be parked near someone who will be happy to visit with you about the Rally and the Rallying experience - - I will never forget the wonderful lady (Kathy Hunt) who was my neighbor at my first Rally and helped me to feel welcome and included in all of the Rallying experiences. There will typically be something of interest to everyone - - and there are usually vendors in attendance with all kinds of Airstream related merchandise - - I know the company that restored the interiors of both of my Vintage coaches generally attends the Florida State Rally (Fowler Interiors).

Finally, go ready to have fun, and I am sure that you will enjoy the Rally.

Enjoy the Rally!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote