Old 09-17-2018, 08:48 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBSteed View Post
Coachcraft handled all the new cabinets and the beds. In fact, they did everything on the inside of the AS. They have a very large cabinet shop with CAD equipment so they had no problem with the curves of the AS. We were so pleased with all their work. My husband began the outside modifications, i.e. new axles, tires and wheels, and all new stainless covers before we found Coachcraft. Coachcraft started their business remodeling and restoring the larger coaches and buses. We are very pleased with all their work.

Debbie and David

Just a note: Coachcraft by MacDonald handled all the interior remodel and installation. However, we worked closely with them so with their direction and recommendations, we ordered the recliner, fabric for all cushions, flooring, and faucets. We also ordered the mattresses from Airstream. You could have everything delivered to them, or as we decided to deliver the items to them so we could see the progress and also give input on things as the remodel went along.

Debbie and David

DBSteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #30
TDF
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Fabius , New York
Holy moly - wowzer. We have a 2006 safari we are renovating and this is an inspiration.

TDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDF View Post
Holy moly - wowzer. We have a 2006 safari we are renovating and this is an inspiration.
Thank you,TDF. We are very happy with our remodel, and we wish you the best as you renovate your AS. Make it yours!!

Debbie and David
Old 09-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Forest Grove , Oregon
Is that a Dometic 320 toilet? I put the 310 in but would really prefer the 320 for comfort and ease of use in the cramped space there is. I really like the way you made room for the 320 if it is in fact that model....still gives me some ideas for when I do more work down the road.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweybright View Post
Is that a Dometic 320 toilet? I put the 310 in but would really prefer the 320 for comfort and ease of use in the cramped space there is. I really like the way you made room for the 320 if it is in fact that model....still gives me some ideas for when I do more work down the road.

Yes, it is a 320. We like it and Coachcraft did an amazing job with the installation. A few inches made a lot of difference, and the new bedroom closet gave us that space.

Debbie and David
Old 09-18-2018, 07:37 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Forest Grove , Oregon
I wish I saw your post two years ago when I asked for the 310 for Christmas (My wife asked if I really wanted a toilet for Christmas...should have seen her face when I said yes).
So got to let this one get used a bit but still you have some great ideas.
I like the shortened couch idea...already did the recliner and table. My wife would love that set up. Looks cozy.

My son keeps asking "where do I sleep?"....my reply you don't or in a tent outside.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:09 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweybright View Post
I wish I saw your post two years ago when I asked for the 310 for Christmas (My wife asked if I really wanted a toilet for Christmas...should have seen her face when I said yes).
So got to let this one get used a bit but still you have some great ideas.
I like the shortened couch idea...already did the recliner and table. My wife would love that set up. Looks cozy.

My son keeps asking "where do I sleep?"....my reply you don't or in a tent outside.
Ha ha! Our grandchildren were asking the same question! Our goal was to make the AS more comfortable for us when traveling. The good news is, the new sofa is still is long enough to sleep on, and with the back cushions removed, it is very wide and comfy. I am 5'7" and I could sleep there. The Lambright recliner is also comfortable......you know kids can sleep anywhere.

Safe travels,

Debbie and David
Old 12-08-2018, 08:15 AM   #36
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB International
Wichita , Kansas
Congratulations on your remodel…it’s perfect! Would you please share how you use the top drawer in your nightstand? Is it a shallow drawer or more of a platform?
SimRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:30 AM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Our Comfy Remodeled 2008 Airstream 27 FB Safari SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimRunner View Post
Congratulations on your remodelÖitís perfect! Would you please share how you use the top drawer in your nightstand? Is it a shallow drawer or more of a platform?

Thank you, we love how the remodel turned out. Itís comfortable now and a lot more storage. The top drawer of the nightstand is shallow but deep. We use it to store cell phones, our laptop computer, chargers, tv remote control and reading material. The drawer below it is deep and my husbandís C-Pap machine will fit in it with plenty of room left for other things. The best part is the bottom is our dog crate which goes all the way under the head of my bed.[ATTACH]329308
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2346.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	329308  
Old 12-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Lorton , Virginia
Very cool.
Zybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB International
Wichita , Kansas
Thank you for the additional detail. I really like the height of your nightstand. My wife loves the space for your pet.
SimRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimRunner View Post
Thank you for the additional detail. I really like the height of your nightstand. My wife loves the space for your pet.

Thanks so much! We are enjoying the remodel. A lot more storage and more comfortable.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:56 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Wexford , Pennsylvania
Hi,
Love what you did with the counter under the TV and the corona tops. What advice would you give regarding installers? We're in PA and the GA outfits wouldn't be practical. Do you know of anyone who's gone to Jackson Center for this kind of remodel job?
Anna girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:23 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna girl View Post
Hi,

Love what you did with the counter under the TV and the corona tops. What advice would you give regarding installers? We're in PA and the GA outfits wouldn't be practical. Do you know of anyone who's gone to Jackson Center for this kind of remodel job?

Thank you. We have been very happy with our changes. We met Coachcraft at a camping show, and then went down to their facility and looked around and saw some of their projects. We felt very comfortable leaving our Airstream in their hands. You may want to visit some camping shows in your area and talk to the vendors closer to you. We did talk to Jackson Center and they said they could do everything we were wanting to change. Their estimate was quite a bit higher than Coachcraft. We also talked with Capital City Customs in Raleigh, NC. They are good too. Check them out at http://www.capitalcitycustomsinc.com/

Good luck with your remodel.

Debbie