Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Hitches, Couplers & Balls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-20-2016, 10:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Windsor , Ontario
Eaz Lift Spring Bar Lock - Pin Fell Out...

Hello,

So it's been a while since I last posted. Very long story short, we recently purchased a 2013 FC 30 FB and we are very excited about starting to travel around the Mid-West this summer.

Seeing as we have never towed anything before, I have been practicing at night as much as I can.

Anyways, so we have an Eaz Lift Elite Weight Distribution set up. I was told that initially when I remove the bars, I would need to pry the safety spring a bit as they are "tight" and will loosen up as we use it. So I have done that say 4 times without issue while practicing. Then I did it again last night and the pin became dislodged (see pic attached).

In my limited knowledge, I understand this is a very important part of the assembly. I tried a few times to get the pin back into the spring chamber without any luck.

I have found the attached link on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Eaz-Lift-48104...N03W3HDKEQGNSQ

so I think I cannot be the first person who has done this or I certainly hope that isn't the case!

Anyways, wondering how I should go about fixing this? We picked up the trailer from the dealer on April 5th as an FYI. We live in Windsor, Ontario (basically Detroit Michigan for all intensive purposes). I believe this might be a quick / easy fix, but I am very nervous doing this myself and would prefer to bring it somewhere to get a professional or someone experienced with this to help me out.

Not sure if anyone has ran into this or not, but any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160419_214041.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	344.9 KB
ID:	261100  
newbiewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:56 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
jonesboro , Arkansas
To remove the bars you don't have to pull the pin. Take the trialer end of the bar and swing it to the outside of the vehicle and continue past 90 degrees and the bars will release and drop out without pulling the pin.
joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:10 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

I believe those pins are considered a wear item which can be bought and replaced easily.
Airstreamer67 is offline   Reply With Quote