Old 08-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #57
2 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
Salt Lake City , Utah
Wink Still hangin on! A note from Lucy in Chile

Hi Everyone,

It's Lucy! I am so thrilled this post has continued to help other women who happen to find themselves in the same lovely predicament. I have decided to keep the airstream, but as life goes, I am thrown new little kinks, the newest, my lock has decided to fail and I cannot open it from the outside or inside. I am sure through the wonderful world of the forums, I will figure it all out, hopefully won't have to replace the whole thing as I hear it's an expensive one! The forums have been a lifesaver, and although this is the first airstream I have ever owned, it is by far worth every penny because of the supportive community I have felt myself embraced by.

I am currently at a little resort in the Andes called Portillo trying to sort out what's next and create a new plan for myself. The turn my life has taken since a year ago, has caught me in a trance as I never imagined. The airstream is resting in Salt Lake City in some wonderful friends backyard.I printed a copy of all of the advice and motivation everyone gave, and when I feel a little negative and weighed down by my options, I just take a peek at the wonderful words of wisdom from true airsteamers that "just seem to understand" without explaining the dream of the road.

Thank you again my lovely AS friends, wish I could sit down with each of you over tapas or tea and pick your brains about the incredible roads you have found yourselves down following your most intense desires and dreams.

Thanks for the hope and never letting go.

Lucy P

Old 08-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #58
2 Rivet Member

1993 33' Land Yacht
North Bend , Oregon
Send a message via ICQ to tbro Send a message via MSN to tbro Send a message via Yahoo to tbro
Half my life is books, written pages
Live and learn from fools and from sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you

Dream on, dream until your dreams come true
Dream on, dream until your dream comes through...

Steven Tyler (with a few minor changes by mice elf)

t.

My Web Workings
tbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyPepper View Post
Hi Everyone,
It's Lucy! I am so thrilled this post has continued to help other women who happen to find themselves in the same lovely predicament. I have decided to keep the airstream, but as life goes, I am thrown new little kinks, the newest, my lock has decided to fail and I cannot open it from the outside or inside. I am sure through the wonderful world of the forums, I will figure it all out, hopefully won't have to replace the whole thing as I hear it's an expensive one! The forums have been a lifesaver, and although this is the first airstream I have ever owned, it is by far worth every penny because of the supportive community I have felt myself embraced by. I am currently at a little resort in the Andes called Portillo trying to sort out what's next and create a new plan for myself. The turn my life has taken since a year ago, has caught me in a trance as I never imagined. The airstream is resting in Salt Lake City in some wonderful friends backyard.I printed a copy of all of the advice and motivation everyone gave, and when I feel a little negative and weighed down by my options, I just take a peek at the wonderful words of wisdom from true airsteamers that "just seem to understand" without explaining the dream of the road. Thank you again my lovely AS friends, wish I could sit down with each of you over tapas or tea and pick your brains about the incredible roads you have found yourselves down following your most intense desires and dreams.
Thanks for the hope and never letting go.
Lucy P
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX
Lucy you are welcome, I hoped that you would make this very decision and not abandon the dream. Life is always going to create setbacks how you handle them is what makes life interesting and keeping something that makes you happy helps to deal with lifes setbacks.
As far as the lock dont sweat it, the lock cylander can be changed very easily with a drill and new lock cylander, there are directions on this site how to, look in your trailer book it also tells how to change it. If you do not have the books I bet someone on here does have the same trailer you do and do have the books and can give you the directions from it, then if you can not or you dont know someone who is able to make the change just take the lock & directions to a locksmith, they usually charge very little.

Sarge
Old 08-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Speaking of dreams, I'd love to do a few tele turns in Portillo!