Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2006, 11:09 AM   #1

1967 17' Caravel
1967 22' Safari
dimondale , Michigan
'67 Safari front table info needed.

table information needed
Does anyone have some information to share on what the table should be like in a '67 Safari twin? the previous owner cut it up and reconfigured it and I need to bring it back but don't know how it once was.

How far does it extend from the wall before it hinges upward?

What is the latch like that holds it up?

Does it attach permanently to the front wall?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
mackellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome!

Always good to meet another '67 Safari owner!

I have attached a picture of my table - sorry, don't have any measurements here but could get those later if you like. The table is permanently attached to the wall and the wooden section & leg (in pic, just under the piano hinge) slide out to provide support for the unfolded top. I can take closer pictures when I get home.

Please post some pics and good luck with your project!

Mel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dinette sm.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	18441  
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #3

1964 22' Safari
New Orleans , Louisiana
"64 Safari table woes

I am looking to replace the table in my '64 Safari with a smaller table that is hinged to the wall under the front window so I can fold it down when it's not being used. Any suggestions on table designs or hinges that work well and where I can get the parts?
Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackellar View Post
table information needed
Does anyone have some information to share on what the table should be like in a '67 Safari twin? the previous owner cut it up and reconfigured it and I need to bring it back but don't know how it once was.

How far does it extend from the wall before it hinges upward?

What is the latch like that holds it up?

Does it attach permanently to the front wall?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
mackellar, You can have mine! It is just like the one in Mels' picture only the extension top is not attched by a piano hinge. It was originally a plastic folding hinge that has given up over time. So you will need to add a piano hinge to it. As Mel has told you it is permanently mounted to the front inner wall and stays in the short position when traveling. The leg is non-folding too! The sliding frame for the extended table top is stored under the short (travel) position top. I am working a folding top table from a '69 Ambassador into my trailer and modifying it to work between my twin beds. I hope to be able to fold it up on the hinge (that stored it in the credenza on the '69) to allow it to store in front of the front window (vertically) when traveling or not in use. If you want it perhaps we can make arrangements to meet somewhere that works for you and me. Let me know your thoughts on this. Happy Trails, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote