Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Longview , Washington
Send a message via MSN to audiv8q Send a message via Yahoo to audiv8q Send a message via Skype™ to audiv8q
Amazingly designed full-time homes

Here's a '78 Tradewind 25' that was re-built by a guy who is an architecht. Pretty amazing!

Living Large in an Airstream Trailer House Tour | Apartment Therapy Los Angeles

It is also featured here, on "Bring a trailer":
Amazing 1978 Airstream Tradewind 25 « BaT – The best vintage and classic cars for sale online
audiv8q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Longview , Washington
Send a message via MSN to audiv8q Send a message via Yahoo to audiv8q Send a message via Skype™ to audiv8q
And here's another. Check out the "Rose Royce" TV - RR body on a Chev 4x4 chassis...
Magnolia Pearl Featured In Romantic Homes!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
I foolishly shared the Magnolia Pearl trailer with my wife. She's been a fan of Magnolia Pearl for years... Jamie
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Pulaski , Tennessee
Wow! Pretty amazing.
07' Classic 31, 11' Dodge 3500 Cummins
au_ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
I don't want to sound like a skeptic or a grinch, but this guy out in LA has shown up at least once per week by someone in this forum for a couple months now, and usually not by someone who has a ton of posts under his name. If he's trying to wage some sort of subtle marketing campaign for his business, this is probably not the forum. The glass tile in the bathroom really annoys me - not only is it heavy, but good luck trying to haul that trailer anywhere and keeping the tile on the wall. Plus trying to use a mildew cleaner in a camper is probably going to be a death sentence if you don't have the fans running. Now, if he talked about replacing his axles, and using a new lightweight acrylic plastic tile with a white tinted slow cure epoxy as the grout, I might be really interested. I've been messing around with the idea in my head for a little while. The first time I saw it, I thought it was interesting. This is about the 20th time, and I'm getting annoyed by seeing it a couple times each week. I'd like someone to swing by and see how clean this guy is keeping his trailer now using these materials. Audiv8q, this was probably just something you came across and wanted to share, so please don't take it as an offense against you. But if you're that guy in the picture that looks like one of the long lost brothers from the Duke's of Hazzard, please, give it a rest. No one who respects their trailer is going to be putting in hundreds of pounds of glass tile in a rear bath.
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwok View Post
I don't want to sound like a skeptic or a grinch, but this guy out in LA has shown up at least once per week by someone in this forum for a couple months now, and usually not by someone who has a ton of posts under his name. If he's trying to wage some sort of subtle marketing campaign for his business, this is probably not the forum. The glass tile in the bathroom really annoys me - not only is it heavy, but good luck trying to haul that trailer anywhere and keeping the tile on the wall. Plus trying to use a mildew cleaner in a camper is probably going to be a death sentence if you don't have the fans running. Now, if he talked about replacing his axles, and using a new lightweight acrylic plastic tile with a white tinted slow cure epoxy as the grout, I might be really interested. I've been messing around with the idea in my head for a little while. The first time I saw it, I thought it was interesting. This is about the 20th time, and I'm getting annoyed by seeing it a couple times each week. I'd like someone to swing by and see how clean this guy is keeping his trailer now using these materials. Audiv8q, this was probably just something you came across and wanted to share, so please don't take it as an offense against you. But if you're that guy in the picture that looks like one of the long lost brothers from the Duke's of Hazzard, please, give it a rest. No one who respects their trailer is going to be putting in hundreds of pounds of glass tile in a rear bath.

Too funny - every time I open a message regarding this trailer I wonder how it's getting soooooooo much attention from the peps on this site. I guess I'm showing that I check in here *much* too regularly....

To date, here's how many times it's been posted:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/architects-airstream-total-redo-70645.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/la-times-article-on-architect-and-78-as-25-a-75068.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f224/architect-airstream-project-74602.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/complete-redo-25-tradewind-70544.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/unreal-to-say-the-least-74834.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/tile-shower-75197.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f459...tml#post970461

Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1997 34' Limited
1963 22' Safari
Troy , Michigan
First time I've seen, as a previous owner of two 78 Airstreams a 25' and a 31' I think it's Great! A lot of good ideas.
Paul
1997 34' Classic FK
airstream4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
oh, I guess it hasn't been posted that much. Maybe I am spending WAYYY too much time on these forums...
Old 03-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #9

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
That "Magnolia Pearl" thing is a bit frightening. The interior reminds me of photos I've seen recently of the decaying Michigan Theater in Detroit.

http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-conten...er-detroit.jpg
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
my first thought was, "that grout will crack on the first pothole or speedbump"...
NJtoNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Longview , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I foolishly shared the Magnolia Pearl trailer with my wife. She's been a fan of Magnolia Pearl for years... Jamie
That was exactly what happened to me... And indeed how "we" came to want an Airstream. First it was just wanting the trailer - then I showed her the 345, andn she was in love.

My wife has always had a dream of acquiring an old school bus and turning it into a home on wheels. Enter Michael's (I am Michael) construction skill - I would not be satisfied with removing the seats and throwing in a couple of bunk beds and a wood-burning stove... Oh, no - I would want to do the entire motor home makeover, and install tanks, kitchen, walls, and do everything properly.

So as I was doing my preparatory online research on how to accomplish such a task, I came across this very informative site:
Jake's School Bus Conversion Project
and as a link from that, there was the Magnolia Pearl. I - as you said - "made the mistake of showing it to my wife" - and now she wants an Airstream instead of a school bus - and wants to deck it out like Magnolia Pearl has - AND - she has been studying MP's clothing, and has been replicating "MP-type" clothing for herself on her Husqvarna - and doing a pretty darn good job of it I might say...

Yeppers... Magnolia Pearl - don't show this to your wives - it's expensive!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Longview , Washington
Quote:
Audiv8q, this was probably just something you came across and wanted to share, so please don't take it as an offense against you. But if you're that guy in the picture that looks like one of the long lost brothers from the Duke's of Hazzard, please, give it a rest. No one who respects their trailer is going to be putting in hundreds of pounds of glass tile in a rear bath.
First of all - I am pretty sure there's a picture of me on my profile here on AS Forums - compare for yourself...

Second - as far as I could read, he isn't moving it around - it's stationary on rented land - so your concerns probably are unwarranted.

Third - Wow! Did you get out on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Hadn't expected such a grumpy reply to a post I thought would be interesting to the community. Had no idea it had already been shown 263 times before over the course of the last 72 hours... ;-)
Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Ah, Ha!

Quote:
If he's trying to wage some sort of subtle marketing campaign for his business...
Uh...close ~

It's For Sale!

Craig's List Ad

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #14
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Robwok - trust me I share your feelings, every time I see this I think MARKETING! Its a cool trailer but an airstream that's not built to move? I think Wally wouldn't approve... doesn't surprise me that its for sale...or that there will be buyers. Nice catch Shari.
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Longview , Washington
Oy, vey - and it's a rear bath model - with all that added tile weight in the bathroom - wonder if he re-did the frame?

LOVE the detail with the printer sliding out under one of the bench seats... ANd the vessel lav - my wife asked if we could do one of those in my current MoHo resto project - our little 1977 Dodge Sportsman Class-C 16' Mobile Traveler
Old 03-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
Wow - talk about some inspirational 'Streams!
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:08 AM   #17
Be Calm, Have a Cupcake

Vintage Kin Owner
Houston , Texas
No price on the Craigslist Ad. It must be free.

Would you rather have a mansion full of money or a trailer full of love?
Secguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiv8q View Post
First of all - I am pretty sure there's a picture of me on my profile here on AS Forums - compare for yourself...

Second - as far as I could read, he isn't moving it around - it's stationary on rented land - so your concerns probably are unwarranted.

Third - Wow! Did you get out on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Hadn't expected such a grumpy reply to a post I thought would be interesting to the community. Had no idea it had already been shown 263 times before over the course of the last 72 hours... ;-)
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across that way. I love the forums, and I am completely fine with commercial members showing up and letting people know of a new product - but they are completely up front about it, and they don't post over and over again. I don't like it when marketers lie to people - that's all. It really felt like this guy was hijacking our forum to share his product in a less than honest way. It was beginning to feel like the guy on Craigslist that reposts every 8 hours to make sure his product stays at the top. But in hindsight, I guess it was because I read this forum way too much!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secguru View Post
No price on the Craigslist Ad. It must be free.
Considering the rear end may be dragging the road on the way, and the buckets of broken tile that the new owner will need to cart out of the trailer when they get home, that may be the right price.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #20
64GlobeTrotter68Overlande

1964 19' Globetrotter
1969 27' Overlander
Snohomish , Washington
Just a thought on the tile, if silicon was used for adhering the tile it would probably stay just fine. I put tile in an offshore sailboat and it lasted for the 17 years of sailing and full time liveaboard. (And yes it went through plenty of rough seas). Not a single lost tile. Grout was silicon based too, no cracking.

Now the weight of the tile is a completely different mater
https://www.airforums.com/attachment...ic34024_12.gif
man7sell is offline   Reply With Quote