Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-31-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
 
2002 19' Bambi
asheville , North Carolina
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14
shower winterizing

I am winterizing my airstream bambi and there is not anti freeze coming out of the shower? There is anti freeze coming thru all the other faucets including the toilet. I took the shower fixture off all the wall mount and there is some liquid dripping out of it but not fully..... has anyone else had this problem? The shower did work this summer. I am wondering if there is debris in there and if so how do I find it to remove it? I have the valve to the hot water heater bypassed too. Help! There is a freak snow coming in tonight!
__________________

__________________
Walter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
Rivet Master
 
AnnArborBob's Avatar
 
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,763
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter19 View Post
I am winterizing my airstream bambi and there is not anti freeze coming out of the shower? There is anti freeze coming thru all the other faucets including the toilet. I took the shower fixture off all the wall mount and there is some liquid dripping out of it but not fully..... has anyone else had this problem? The shower did work this summer. I am wondering if there is debris in there and if so how do I find it to remove it? I have the valve to the hot water heater bypassed too. Help! There is a freak snow coming in tonight!
Try to blow out your shower line with a "gentle" blast of air from your compressor (40 to 50 psi ought to do it.) Attach the compressor to your city fresh water intake, load it up to the desired psi and then open up the shower valve and hopefully it will clear. This process will also most likely blow any water out of the lines so you won't need to do anything with the antifreeze assuming you've already run it through the other valves and the pump.
__________________

__________________
Bob Martel
WBCCI# 5766
AnnArborBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member
 
2002 19' Bambi
asheville , North Carolina
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14
Well that may be a problem.... I don't own an air compressor.... I think I got enough antifreeze thru those lines for now. I had it drip until it was pink. I will try and find an air compressor and use your suggestion once this storm has passed. Thank you!
__________________
Walter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:36 AM   #4
Rivet Master
 
AnnArborBob's Avatar
 
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,763
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter19 View Post
Well that may be a problem.... I don't own an air compressor.... I think I got enough antifreeze thru those lines for now. I had it drip until it was pink. I will try and find an air compressor and use your suggestion once this storm has passed. Thank you!
Wonderful, another Airstream-related toy you can buy!

Since any below freezing temperatures are likely to be short lived in your area this time of the year, you might also consider leaving your furnace on and set the stat at 55 degrees or so. The trivial amount of propane you will use overnight is good insurance!

Best of luck.
Bob
__________________
Bob Martel
WBCCI# 5766
AnnArborBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
PharmGeek's Avatar

 
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,377
Bob...it depends on the winter...I live in Alabama...we kept having spells of cold in the teens and 20's and 30's much of jan-march this year and for a while I kept mine just as such thermostat set on 50....and I think I had used about 1-2 30lb tanks every 2-3 weeks for a spell there when it was very cold often...I finally got annoyed and pumped in antifreeze when I had no further camping plans (sometime after canopener rally or so)....

I want a compressor too...my santa wish list continues to build a bit...
__________________
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”


PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:17 PM   #6
Rivet Master
 
AnnArborBob's Avatar
 
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,763
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
Bob...it depends on the winter...I live in Alabama...we kept having spells of cold in the teens and 20's and 30's much of jan-march this year and for a while I kept mine just as such thermostat set on 50....and I think I had used about 1-2 30lb tanks every 2-3 weeks for a spell there when it was very cold often...I finally got annoyed and pumped in antifreeze when I had no further camping plans (sometime after canopener rally or so)....

I want a compressor too...my santa wish list continues to build a bit...
Very true, Ellery. I was only referring to the likelihood that the potential for freezing in his area at this time of the year would not last long to give him peace of mind about tonight and to give him plenty of time to get to Sears or wherever to get his air compressor so he could do a proper job of winterizing in the future. There are very few parts of the US where proper winterizing is not needed!!! And I'm headed to one of those shortly!
__________________
Bob Martel
WBCCI# 5766
AnnArborBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
PharmGeek's Avatar

 
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,377
oh you just shut up!!!!
__________________
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”


PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:48 PM   #8
Rivet Master
 
AnnArborBob's Avatar
 
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,763
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
oh you just shut up!!!!
Hah! Come the middle of February or so, many of my Facebook friends feel the same way!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1491765_10151863029493663_622539109_n.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	225440  
__________________
Bob Martel
WBCCI# 5766
AnnArborBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:01 PM   #9
Rivet Master
 
PharmGeek's Avatar

 
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,377
lol, its fun to rub it in....at least I can camp 4 seasons down where I am at if I want to...just once we hit January, its less and less desirable really and we just wait then till March...I know one day in 2,000 years when I retire, we will follow the weather that we want when we want it! Enjoy
__________________
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”


PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #10
Rivet Master
 
AnnArborBob's Avatar
 
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,763
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
lol, its fun to rub it in....at least I can camp 4 seasons down where I am at if I want to...just once we hit January, its less and less desirable really and we just wait then till March...I know one day in 2,000 years when I retire, we will follow the weather that we want when we want it! Enjoy
There are definitely pro's and con's to living in all parts of this great country! That's why it's nice to have a lifestyle that affords some flexibility, even if you are tied to a corporate vacation schedule!

Meanwhile, I hope Walter in NC is going to leave his furnace on tonight!
__________________

__________________
Bob Martel
WBCCI# 5766
AnnArborBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shower Curtain or Shower Door for 1972? mello mike Sinks, Showers & Toilets 26 04-02-2017 10:10 PM
Shower leaks behind shower surround Divemaster10 Sinks, Showers & Toilets 5 01-06-2015 12:19 PM
Hand shower post in shower. Jeepers! 1965 Caravel 7 11-01-2014 10:04 AM
To shower or not to shower? urbanfood Sinks, Showers & Toilets 55 07-20-2012 12:39 AM
shower pan / shower toastie Sinks, Showers & Toilets 6 10-12-2008 10:58 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.