Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #1

1998 19' Bambi
Cedar Hills , Utah
Shower leaks behind shower surround

Help please,I just brought home my first Airstream a 98 Bambi 19 ft, was flushing out the water lines, everything was good until I turned on the shower, nothing came out of the wand, but water started coming out of the bottom of the trailer, I took the wand off and tried again, water came out of the fitting, put wand back on, you can hear the water leaking behind the surround when turned on, no water leaks until the shower is activated, how do you access behind the surround? Any help would be appreciated
Divemaster10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:43 PM   #2
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Sounds like a freeze break???

There should be an access to the valve. Post pics of the area.

Since it only leaks when turned on, that is good news! The leak is between valve and sprayer.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #3

1998 19' Bambi
Cedar Hills , Utah
Fixed

I removed the panel that the shower door attaches to and was able to repair the line from the control valve to the fitting the shower hose connects to, I was happy it wasn't as big of issue that I thought it would be.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' International CCD
The Woodlands , Texas
I also have a similar leak (I think). Is the panel easily removed to get access to the backside of the shower? It looks like I can remove the panel by removing the 3 screws and maybe the window curtain and curtain hardware over the toilet. Am I correct?

Thanks for any insight!
eberrobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:47 PM   #5

1998 19' Bambi
Cedar Hills , Utah
I don't have a window in my bathroom so not sure about that, I just removed my shower door, then the piece that the door mounts to by removing a few screws and cutting the caulk where it is sealed to the shower surround, and then I was able to access the plumbing, hope that helps.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' International CCD
The Woodlands , Texas
Thanks Divemaster but I guess the my 2007 19' Bambi has a little different shower. Anybody out there with a newer 19' Bambi having a water leak behind the shower hot/cold water valve knowing how to get access to it?

Thanks!
eberrobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:21 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2008 19' Safari SE
Waterloo , Ontario
Need access behind shower

We are the happy new owners of a 2008 19’ Bambi.
I saw this old post and realised that this is exactly what our problem is. I need to repair the supply line to the showerhead behind the shower as it has likely cracked. If anyone has detailed instructions and or pictures on how to remove the shower sliding door assembly we would very much appreciate the knowledge. I am confident that if we can get access to the back of the water supply behind the shower I will be able to fix the plumbing issue. Thank you.
Mattdjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote