Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Stand for a 19" Sony Wega TV?

We have a 2006 19' Bambi with a Sopny Wega KLV-S19A10 19" LCD HD-REady Flat Panel TV in it... It's a great TV but we want to take it out of the Bambi and into the house as a second TV... Then get a 120v/12/v TV for the Bambi.

Of course, in the Bambi it is wall-mounted, but in the house we want to use it on its original stand. I have searched the internet high and low for a base/stand/pedestal for this TV, even called Oasis to see if they had any lying about, but have had zero luck.

Does anyone out there have a stand for this TV they want to get rid of, or do you know where I can get one?

Here's what the TV Looks like with it's original stand.

Thanks!
Attached Images

AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
TV Replacement Update

We finally replaced the 19" Sony Wega LCD TV in our 2006 Bambi Safari SE... The Sony was not digital ready so we took that into our house and installed it in the kitchen and we have cable, so it's a moot point that it is not digital ready... (We never were able to find a stand for it but we came up with an alternate mean to sit it on the counter top.)

We put in a 19" Samsung LED in the Bambi...great little TV and so much lighter/thinner than the LCD was. Everything is working as expected, BUT I am no longer able to get the TV audio to play through the speakers over the dinette. We used to be able to direct the TV sound to those speakers by selecting Source CD2 on the DVD player (which is also a Sony, and the original AM/FM/DVD Player)...

I am almost to the point where I think this feature was a proprietary thing between the two Sony products. We used to select the DVD option using the TV's clicker to select "video"...but with the Samsung, you select a different "source" which one of several options that can be set up.

TV sound through these speakers is something we can live without, but it is nice to have sound from the TV coming in through those speakers, especially when the AC is running.

And suggestions would be appreciated.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 04-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' International
Tuttle , Oklahoma
Mounting tv?

Did you have problems with the wall mount when replacing your Sony with a Samsung? I have a 2008 Bambi with the Sony WEGA and want to replace with a small Samsung. (Tired of not getting reception over the air when campging now that everything's digital.) The Sony is mounted by an attachment to the bottom and the Samsungs have a wall mount higher than the Sony. I would rather not replace the entire wall mount if I can avoid it.

M. Smith
M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Smith View Post
Did you have problems with the wall mount when replacing your Sony with a Samsung? I have a 2008 Bambi with the Sony WEGA and want to replace with a small Samsung. (Tired of not getting reception over the air when campging now that everything's digital.) The Sony is mounted by an attachment to the bottom and the Samsungs have a wall mount higher than the Sony. I would rather not replace the entire wall mount if I can avoid it.

M. Smith
We replaced the 19" WEGA with a 19" Samsung flatscreen and used the original mounting arm with no changes. The Samsung had two sets of holes for mounting and one of them fit the existing arm hardware. It's a bit lower than the original but it works fine and clears the frig below with no problem. Hope this helps...
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI