Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Jambox by Jawbone

I have been looking for a set of portable speakers to listen to music stored on my phone. I have been looking for at least 6 months and have not come up with anything- until now.

My son gave me a Jambox for Christmas. I looked at it and said "I don't know what this is". He explained that it is a high fidelity speaker(s) to play music wirelessly using my phone. I absolutely love this thing. The sound quality is very good. I take it with me where ever I am working, which is usually a house project or an Airstream project. I keep the phone in my pocket or close by and put the Jambox close also where I can listen to it. It works wirelessly using bluetooth technology and works within 30 feet of the cell phone. It is so small that when I go from one location to another, I just stick it in my pocket. Jawbone makes real good stuff and it is not cheap, about $200 but I think it is worth it.

I use it wirelessly with the cell phone music, but I also use it with the computer using a 3.5mm cord connecting the two or with the cell phone playing the radio again using the 3.5 mm cord. I usually charge it up using the computer as it comes with a mini usb to regular usb cord adaptor (see photo). You control the volume using the + and - push buttons on top. It runs about 10 hours fully charged up.

I am really looking forward to using it while camping in the Airstream, sitting on a nice chair under the awning enjoying a cold beverage and listening to some good music.

So if you are looking for a speaker to play music through using your computer or cell phone as the source, this is a very good option in my opinion.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0614.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	154166   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0618.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	154167  

TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Looks like something my wife would like, thanks for the info. jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #3

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
We bought the Jambox and LOVE it! Great sound for such a small device. We wrap it in the awning so it's out of the way and it gives a "surround" sound when we're outside. It's also great for vacations when we're in a hotel or on a cruise. Very good quality for such a small device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-511428170.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	457.1 KB
ID:	154175  
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
blmitch5

Interesting multi use of a Jambox also being used as a tool to roll the awning strap up. I will have to try this.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Bose makes a similar " jam box" , about the same size and same price. Great sound as one would expect from Bose.
We use our's with I Pad, & I Phone when traveling. If you have Wi Fi available, you can listen to music from Pandora as well.
Dennis

07, 25' Ocean Breeze
64, 19' Globetrotter

Air #7609
denellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #6

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan
blmitch5

Interesting multi use of a Jambox also being used as a tool to roll the awning strap up. I will have to try this.

Dan
We only have one layer of fabric around the Jambox, the clip is holding it tight as well as holding the rechargeable awning light. It works great!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Cerritos , California
I've setup our audio/video in such a way that my iPhone is connected(with cable) to the television and the Bose wireless mobile speaker is connected to the iPhone via Bluetooth. This allows us to watch movies using Netflix or movies on the iPhone, with great sound.
68Streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Western , Massachusetts
My son just gave me one. Love it.

So easy to move -- the Bose (plug required) is now collecting dust.
65CV is offline   Reply With Quote