Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2018, 07:45 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
san jose , California
Another Clarion m303

2019 International 25FB, I'm going to replace the Clarion in a couple months, but until then would like to use the Sirius/XM feature.
The manual states that the radio is satellite ready but I can't access the function. Supposedly, you do this through the on/off button, (or maybe the "band" button?). I can only get access to AM/FM or AUX.

I've seen some posts where they say you need an additional module but my directions don't mention that. They just say to access satellite radio, you should scroll to the Sirius/XM part of the menu, go to station 1 and you should see the serial number. You then call to activate.
My problem is accessing the Sirius/XM menu, just can't find it.
Maico18z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2022 20' Basecamp
Missoula , Montana
I have the exact same problem and I see nobody has responded to this question (asked a month ago). Anybody? I hate this system but I had it working OK in my 19 foot Bambi. We just purchased a 2018 23FB and would like to get this figured out.
cajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Another Clarion m303

You need to install an optional XM tuner and antenna if you want XM / Sat radio on the m303. It does not come from the Airstream factory with the XM tuner or antenna installed so you are out of luck for the moment.

Cost is about $40 bucks and you can install the antenna in the window below the overhead bin that has the stereo in it.

Better yet - just ditch that crummy head unit and install a proper system I replaced with a double din pioneer app radio 4 and Polk audio speakers. huge difference
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:02 PM   #4

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
It requires an external tuner module that's probably not worth it, IMHO... you could just buy a replacement head unit with satellite radio integrated to the unit if you're going to ditch the Clarion. The biggest annoyance we have is the bluetooth pairing, but once done it seems to work fine for our needs. If I replaced it I'd go with a marine radio that has NWS emergency alert built in, that's what I was planning to put into the Argosy project that somehow turned into this '17 Flying Cloud...

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:04 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
No two ways about it.....you do need to purchase a module from Clarion to have your radio play Sirius XM as a stand alone unit. Unless you do some adapting. Good reading here.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f317...xm-146620.html
Old 08-23-2018, 04:37 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2022 20' Basecamp
Missoula , Montana
One other thing on the Clarion. Pushing the menu button brings up nothing. And...the source button toggles between ‘aux’ and ‘tuner’ but that’s it. Should there be other options?
Old 08-23-2018, 06:46 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajohnson View Post
One other thing on the Clarion. Pushing the menu button brings up nothing. And...the source button toggles between ‘aux’ and ‘tuner’ but that’s it. Should there be other options?
Not trying to be a jerk here but the best way to answer this is to say read the manual. If you didnt get one you can google snd find online. I have the m502 and that single little push/toggle/turn button does SO much depending on source/modes that its hard to answer simply. It confuses me and Im an engineer and computer nerd.

Ill say that only aux and tuner show up on mine too but when I turn bluetooth on my phone on and sync then it shows up on screen also. And when I turn bluray on it plays. So the thing is maybe smart and knows whats on??
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:29 AM   #8

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
The ergonomics of the M303 are pretty terrible. The bluetooth option should always appear when you're toggling sources but if nothing is currently paired it won't and you have to fiddle with the thing, and the long-press-for-off behavior is annoying. It's less obnoxious if you use the remote for most things, but if I recall correctly you can't pair a bluetooth device from the remote you have to use the panel. Once I learned its quirks, though, I feel no pressing need to spend more money replacing it while it's working (clunkily) so it's not THAT bad.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:56 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsgolf View Post
Not trying to be a jerk here but the best way to answer this is to say read the manual. If you didnt get one you can google snd find online. I have the m502 and that single little push/toggle/turn button does SO much depending on source/modes that its hard to answer simply. It confuses me and Im an engineer and computer nerd.

Ill say that only aux and tuner show up on mine too but when I turn bluetooth on my phone on and sync then it shows up on screen also. And when I turn bluray on it plays. So the thing is maybe smart and knows whats on??
Awesome! An engineer.
So...what happens when the Bluetooth function doesn't even pop up? Nada, zilch. The src function ONLY gives me AUX/TUNER. It USED to give me BT on the third press.
Menu button doesn't work. I've reset, powered on/off radio & phone multiple times, spent 40 minutes between that and the manual (I've installed many, many radios over my lifetime.)
I've found EVERY function from Sirius XM radio, Code to Beep.
But not BT. I see it pairing to my phone ( it worked flawlessly last weekend) but BT fails to appear on the M303.
Help please.
Brandon T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:18 PM   #10
Stay Calm and Stream On

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Palm Springs , California
I also have the same unit. I use the Bluetooth feature and play Prime Music through my iPhone. I have SiriusXM in my TV, could pay extra and run through my IPhone to, but Prime works for me in the AS.
HHPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:20 PM   #11
Stay Calm and Stream On

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Palm Springs , California
You need to go to your Device and pair 303 first m, then the BT will show on the radio
Old 12-26-2018, 04:23 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2022 20' Basecamp
Missoula , Montana
It turns out the model doesn’t connect with the IPhone 6 (I think mine is a 6S). I ran across a fix but it was more complicated than I felt I wanted to mess with since I hate that damn unit anyway.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:29 AM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Well, as mysteriously as it disappeared it reappeared today. Truly a wonderful system. I turned it on today and pressed the src button three times and viola there it was.
First try.
Yesterday I must of turned that stereo on/off 8 times to get it to appear and nothing.
Happy that it's back. Smooth jazz listening is on the menu.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:26 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2019 23' International
La Habra , California
My experience with this stereo is if I disconnect power to it via battery disconnect switch or disconnect battery cables, I must then remove the BT for this radio on my iPhone then reload. Works every time. Anyone else experience this?
Old 02-06-2019, 02:36 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Anyone know how to eliminate the loud "popping" noise when this radio is turned on? The volume can be all the way to zero and it still pops.
Thanks.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:19 PM   #16
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon T. View Post
Anyone know how to eliminate the loud "popping" noise when this radio is turned on? The volume can be all the way to zero and it still pops.

Thanks.

Yes. Replace the radio with a proper head unit Probably not what you wanted to hear - but the m303 is somewhat of a piece of junk so to speak.
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote