Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2015, 08:01 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Just trying to point out its limitation for others that might find this thread and think Sewer Solutions is the only sewer connection they need.

Kelvin
Old 07-17-2015, 08:58 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I like several others that have posted also have and use traditional hose when required. At the house I have easy access to a yard sewer drain. It is far enough from my trailer parking spot that I use a length of PVC pipe to extend my 20 foot of SS hose to reach the drain. It is down hill so I get good drainage. We have to be willing to adapt and use what ever works best at that particular time and place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	243186  

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:03 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
What is the farthest anyone has ran using the SS? I am probably 75'-100' from my clean out (other side of house). The ground is at least level the first half and downhill the second. Any ideas?

You Tube Channel "Airstream Nerds": https://www.youtube.com/airstreamnerds

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AirstreamNerd/
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:09 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStreamNerds View Post
What is the farthest anyone has ran using the SS? I am probably 75'-100' from my clean out (other side of house). The ground is at least level the first half and downhill the second. Any ideas?
At the house my run is about 35 feet. I have high water pressure that seems to work well at that length using two inch PVC. At the length you are talking about you might need larger pipe to reduce the chance of back flow.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:13 AM   #25
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post

How do all you Sewer Solutions owners use the Sewer Solutions at a dump site where you can't hook up a water hose to it? A good high quality slinky is needed. We camp mainly at COE and National Parks with no sewer hook ups. Even at the occasional RV parks we only get a water/electric site then use the dump station if needed on the way out. In our case the Sewer Solution would never be used. If I could find the sewer access in my house I would purchase one when the trailer is at home so I could really clean out the waste tanks.

Kelvin
This is what I was thinking, we already spent two weeks dry camping without hookups, the first dump station I found last week didn't have water to flush the black tank. And it's been my experience more than not that water for flush isn't always available. We boondock and do state/national parks a lot too.

Rarely do we have full hookups.

Maybe I just got a bad rhino flex, I've tightened the end locks, but I've had the ends completely separate on me.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
If you are at a campsite where you need more than 10' of sewer hose, can you use the Valterra Sewer Solution for the 1st 10' and then an adapter into a regular ole stinky slinky for the rest of the way to the sewer connection? Or do you have to buy the $54 10' extension hose?
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I have often thought I wanted to at least upgrade from the standard stinky slinky to the type that "clicks" to get longer and "clicks" to get shorter. Seems like that would be so handy. Camco RhinoFlex is one brand. Valterra Dominator may be another brand. I think there are others. For me the Sewer Solution seems like too much sugar for a dime.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Newport , Pennsylvania
thetford rv sanicon is my choice small hose, mascerator, pumps up hill no mess just need to get 12v power by your dump area on the trailer. have used them for years on MH.

works great no mess

Earl
EarlM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Sewer Solutions has done a good job for us, especially when we're at a friend's property where his septic tank is 90 feet away. I carry 100 feet of 1" PVC thin wall cut into 4' sections. The is about a 2' rise from the trailer to the septic tank, it takes about 10 minutes including the rinse to dump our black water tank.

Larry
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:55 PM   #30

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I use about 70' of 1" pvc at SuEllyn's Dad's house in Jacksonville. There is about a one foot rise in this set-up. At home we use about 4' of pvc.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:08 PM   #31
NOAZRK

2004 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Kutztown , Pennsylvania
After going through several sewer hoses with those stupid screw clamps, I went on line and got a Valterra sewer hose connector and cap. I hack sawed the Tetford fitting off, cleaned up the fittings and glued the Valterra style hose connector into place. Real simple. Believe it or not, my suggestion is to buy the big sewer hose kit with yellow ends that Wal*Mart sells. The kit has two sets of really neat end caps that snap on to keep the sewer smell locked into the hose. So, when I'm finished with the hose(s), I snap the cap on one end then hold it with my foot while completely collapse the hose(s) to about 1.5 feet long then snap the cap on the other end to create a vacuum that keeps the hoses compressed. They store real easy. Works like a charm and would probably work with other manufacturer hoses, once you have the end caps. I don't mean to suggest that the Wal*Mart hoses are the best in the world, they are not. So if you can find hose end caps some place else, go for it.
NOAZRK2690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I also hated the Rhino. I tossed it fairly soon after we got it. Just a terrible accident waiting to happen when it pops apart at the swivel head on the end. I went back to a straight Tetford connector and 2 sections of the very heavy orange hose by Blueline, i think. I carry it in a carrier under the belly pan. The whole thing with the trailer end connector attached fits in the carrier so it is very fast to set up and take down. I use a solid 90 degree fitting for the sewer end. Did I mention I do not like the ones that swivel and pop apart? Wait until you have to dump uphill with the Rhino and see how much condifence you have in all the connections while you are lifting.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:08 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Dominator.

Hi, I bought a Dominator 20' kit and three 10' extensions. We stayed at a friend's house and I needed about 45' of sewer hose to make it work. Now all of this cost me nearly $200.00 but it was well worth it. What I like most is that each 10' hose collapses to 3' and this alone makes it so much easier to use. The only bad thing so far, is the fact that, sometimes it's hard to take them apart. they will never leak. I only found a picture of a 5' foot hose but it will let you know what it looks like. [black hose / red fittings] I'm using one in Indiana right now.

I almost bought an even more expensive sewer hose, but the collapsing feature sold me.
Attached Images

YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
Thanks for the info...i am going to test the run when I get home...i think I will be good if you all are running uphill... There is no up to my run

You Tube Channel "Airstream Nerds": https://www.youtube.com/airstreamnerds

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AirstreamNerd/
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:05 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
We carry the rhino with an extension and sewer solution with an extension.

Pros and cons to both, but no leaks or issues with either..

Not sure this helps at all, sorry..
Old 07-17-2015, 09:12 PM   #36
Regular Guy

1978 31' Sovereign
Hot Springs , Arkansas
I replaced my thetford bayonet and use a 45 degree thetford to a rhinoflex.
NavyCorpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #37
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Ok...
SS is the deal.. What is time difference? I recall it being a dozen or so minutes... Maybe it was all the rigging... Dunno..

So you guys with the SS, what's the time diff? How do you get all the stuff out of black tank when you are slowing the output?
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
Ok...
SS is the deal.. What is time difference? I recall it being a dozen or so minutes... Maybe it was all the rigging... Dunno..

So you guys with the SS, what's the time diff? How do you get all the stuff out of black tank when you are slowing the output?
Time is not the issue, not all dump stations have water.... No water, no workey SS...
Old 07-18-2015, 01:57 AM   #39
Rivet Master

[QUOTE=Silver Otter;1653566]we keep a good slinky on board for a quick dump on the way out QUOTE]

Really? Or is this a case of two nations divided by a common language?

Nick. (From England.)
Old 07-18-2015, 06:11 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Good morning sir,
It usually take about 10 minutes or so if the black water tank is full, and I have good water pressure (50 PSI or more). I let the SS drain until the black tank is empty, then close the BW valve, and start the flush, I let it flush for a couple minutes, then open the BW valve and start the SS again. Once or twice is usually enough.
I was really apprehensive about the SS until I started to use it.....now, it gives me options that we didn't have before..

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
Ok...

Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote