Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-29-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Warranty work on new 2012 25fb Flying Cloud

I have a question about who is authorized to do warranty work on a new Airstream. We bought our trailer from a dealer in another state and have no ties with the local dealer. I am having a problem with power to my Dometic CCC that I can't figure out. We have had the unit for about one month. Ca any qualified RV dealer work on this through the warranty system or do we have to go to a dealer? What if you are on the road and not close to a dealer? does Airstream honor repairs done during the warranty period by non Airstream RV dealers. Our local dealer is about 60 miles away and there is an excellent established RV dealership within miles of my house I would much rather establish a relationship with. This is also a domestic issue which almost all rv's use and lots of non Airstream dealers work on these appliances. Thanks guys.
danlehosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Dan

I guess that I would start with asking Airstream these questions.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:10 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
jackson center , Ohio
First-any Dometic Service Center can work on any Dometic component in your Airstream;they provide the warranty coverage.
Any Airstream trailer Dealer can also work on your trailer.
Also if you call Airstream Customer Support 937 596 6111 ext. 7409 on Monday they will also be able to assist you with where you can have your trailer checked out.

Schu
Schu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Indian Harbor Beach , Florida
We have a local RV dealer that has worked on our frig and stove. They are great to work with and told us up front they can work on anything "not airstream". Very convenient, our AS dealer is 2 1/2 hrs away. Besides, when we go there, I love to walk around other RV's of all types....makes me appreciate our choice in TT's!
Andi
kidsgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:49 AM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Also if you call Airstream Customer Support 937 596 6111 ext. 7409 on Monday they will also be able to assist you with where you can have your trailer checked out.

Schu
Will they be open Monday? Many places are taking that as new Year's holiday.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Flying Cloud
Arvada , Colorado
Our similar experience is that any Airstream dealer will honor the warranty. We too bought our trailer from a South Carolina dealer, but we had our warranty work done by the closest dealer - about 120 miles away.

We have since traded for our current Flying Cloud (at our "local" dealer) and during that purchase we were told that any authorized repair facility could work on say, our Dometic refrigerator or air conditioners. But, I was also told that it was necessary to return the warranty cards which you will find within your various operating booklets. Jack
Jack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #7
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
First-any Dometic Service Center can work on any Dometic component in your Airstream;they provide the warranty coverage.
Any Airstream trailer Dealer can also work on your trailer.

Schu
Not only what Schultz says, if there's no DSC near call Dometic for authorization for your local tech to do the repair. Then send your receipt in to Dometic for repayment. I've done this when on the road.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
jackson center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Will they be open Monday? Many places are taking that as new Year's holiday.
We are open on Monday.
Schu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1948 16' Wee Wind
1964 26' Overlander
2007 19' Bambi
crossville , Tennessee
if your problem stems from a/s fault you will need to go to an a/s dealer.
if it's a dometic problem then almost any rv service can do the work, problem is if you take you coach to any dealer and the problem is jackson centers you would hve to pay the un authorized ealer for the check out.
as far as i know a/s requires you take it to AUTHORIZED warranty station.
as do most rv manufacturers. i am an emergency warranty service center , which means i have to call 1rst for auth. your local service can call for auth. and if nearest dealer is far maybe get ok to do work. tech serve could help them , or you through CALL THE FACTORY.
crestonrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty