Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1968 30' Sovereign
Rowlett , Texas
a couple questions to you AS owners

I am going to replace the window seals, most of them are hard as a rock. Can i use any rubbers window seal, or is one better than another for this application?

I am getting ready to purchase new wood flooring. Would it be better to let it float or glue/nail down? If floating floor is the right way for this, should i use the padding under the floor?

Does anyone know the proper trim colors on the outside of a 68 international. Blue and red, just not sure if there is a proper color code for these trims i would like to repaint.

Also i am install an intelli power 9260 int the rear of the AS. There is two wires not conected to anything and the two connected to the battery. Both sets of wire go strait up into the body and i cant see where they go. The two bare wires i assumed connect to the power source i wish to hook up,but they have no voltage which means they are not hooked to the battery. Another problem is that there is two more wires under the batroom sink(which have no voltage as well) that have ends on them that appear to go to a battery, but go into the side wall and i have no clue where they go. Any Ideas(the interior lights work off the battery as it is hooked up currently. Do i run new wires to the battery from the new intelli power?

Last but not least, when the battery charger is hooked up to the battery and battery is fully charged the low battery light stays on still, but when i hit the switch to check the guage it tells me the battery level is full. How do i get the light to go off?
dereks57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1968 30' Sovereign
Rowlett , Texas
Wont let me post pics, i will keep trying!!!
dereks57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
You can buy replacement window seals from places like Outofdoorsmart.com, Inland RV, and possibly Vintage Trailer Supply. I've tried using the stuff you can buy at the local big-box home improvement store, but it just isn't as robust.

Think seriously about your flooring, especially the thickness. I assume you are piecing it in around your existing furnishings, so beware of what doors it will interfere with, etc.. Since there will be dramatic swings in temperature and humidity, you will want your flooring to be able to move, and you will want to leave adequate gap around the edges for expansion.

For your power questions, I would suggest that the only way for you to know for sure what wires go where is to get out your continuity meter and try to map it out. Chances are that a previous owner has changed some things up, added a battery, then removed it, etc..

Good luck
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote