Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-18-2019, 11:33 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Colorado Springs , Colorado
1977 Sovereign 31 Fresh Water Tank Outlet

Need some Help or advice here.

I have been using the fresh water tank from Lucy77 (1977 Sovereign 31) in the back of my pickup truck out at the storage facility as a fresh water source. I have been using the stock rubber hose that comes out with a hose fitting at the end. I also have a small 12V DC pump I use to get a good flow if I need it.

My biggest observation so far is that the tank does not empty well. It gets to around 2 inches of water left and the outlet which is situated on the side of the tank about an inch up starts to suck air. I am doubtful that this is the best placement for this outlet and am looking at a fix.

Any advice welcome.
Kristof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign