Old 10-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Have you cracked the gas line to ensure you have gas at the heater? The fact that all the other gas appliances work is no indication that gas is at the heater. If a slug of air, and now that you say you had all the line open, is in the line to the heater it will take a very long time to bleed that through using the pilot orifice.
I have had the gas line apart just a sit goes into the furnace valve. I can smell gas coming out of the furnace exhaust vent, after the furnace goes through it's three try start up.

Thanks for your input - Derek

Old 10-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
After installing a new board from Dinosaur (I went with the Fan 50), a new electrode and a new fan limit switch (this is the one that shuts off the fan after the furnace cools down). The furnace lit twice in a row with out hesitation. I think my old board was not producing enough spark, or a late spark. There is a neon light on both boards, on the new board this neon light lights up when spark is produced, I never saw the neon light on the old board light up. Just a word of note, if you install a new board or upgrade as I did. Read the instructions carefully, if I would have read them closer the installation would have gone much quicker. With the Fan 50 board and an older furnace, the extra orange and red wires that come with must be hooked up according to the instructions the board will not work, even if you get the fan to kick on.

On to the next project...

Thanks for all of you help - Derek