Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
Maryville , Tennessee
'72 Argosy, what kind of range & where to get parts

I have a 1972 Argosy 20 and getting it into shape for use is coming along good. Some of you may remember, it is the one I posted photos showing a camo paint job ( I have begun prep for new paint ) and I had asked about towing. The handle on the range is broken and I would like to find a replacement. The mfg. tag on the front is missing so I don't know what make it is. It measures 21 5/16 wide so I'm kind of thinking that it may be a 22" Magic Chef.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or maybe even indicate what brand it is, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Range.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	82262  
airfoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1985 25' Sovereign
South Central Rockies... , "...'Stream'n the Dream" thru the USA
John:

I've got a '77 Sovereign with a 22" 4-burner Magic Chef. One of the burner connections needs repair, but the other three are fine as is the oven with glass window.

I want to replace my unit with either another Magic Chef or an Amana. I've only been able to find 3 burner units, however.

Once I find the new range, I'll sell you mine if you're interested.

Hope this helps out,

Art

WBCCI: 2197; AIR #: 36503; TAC #: NM-5

MaxAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:26 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
John,

Can you look either in the oven or under the top for a model and serial number.
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1985 25' Sovereign
South Central Rockies... , "...'Stream'n the Dream" thru the USA
John,

Correction... You can have mine cheap -- make that FREE. It's a Magic Chef, 4-burner, with the window in the oven door. Just removed it for the new stuff we're putting in. It will fit a cutout with the dimensions 20 5/8"Wide, 22" High, and 19" Deep. It has the stainless steel cover and black trim...

Your's for the taking, brother.

Art

WBCCI: 2197; AIR #: 36503; TAC #: NM-5

MaxAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
I have a 1972 Argosy 20 and getting it into shape for use is coming along good. Some of you may remember, it is the one I posted photos showing a camo paint job ( I have begun prep for new paint ) and I had asked about towing. The handle on the range is broken and I would like to find a replacement. The mfg. tag on the front is missing so I don't know what make it is. It measures 21 5/16 wide so I'm kind of thinking that it may be a 22" Magic Chef.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or maybe even indicate what brand it is, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

John
It is indeed a Magic Chef, we had the identical range in our Argosy 20. If no one seeing your post here has a surplus handle, you can place a want ad in our classifieds, it's free and the ad runs for 90 days or so (maybe longer if I get too busy to delete the old ads). I installed a stove cover to give us a little more counter space in our Argosy, counter space beuing almost nonexistent.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
Maryville , Tennessee
Hello Art,

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply to your kind offer. My stove is actually working very well and all I need is the handle. The stainless cover would be great too but I'm sure you wouldn't want to split up the assembly. Today I went to an RV parts and salvage store here in East Tennessee. It's called Hickory Corner and the man there has two RVs that he is taking apart for salvage that have Magic Chef ranges with handles that match mine. He told me that he was going to check to see if the stoves work on Monday and if they don't, I can have a handle.

Just In case, where are you located?

John
Old 07-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
Maryville , Tennessee
I found a handle

I found a replacement handle at a local rv salvage yard. Thanks for all of the responses. Espesially the offer to give me the stove.

Count all your blessings, remember your dreams. jb

><(((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>