Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
leaves and rain in 1964 fridge vent

Ok, so it looks like the fridge vent is supposed to be open, with the boat shaped thing on top, and sheer force of will keeps crap from coming down into the trailer? We had a heck of a storm here the other day, and just a trickle of water came in... but I wondered if others had some clever thing figured out.

thanks

Peter
Old 10-19-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

The vent should be two pieces, with the openings opposite each other. They still get crap in them.
Where is Sea Ranch, fellow '64 owner? Did you get the 10-1/2" of rain we got last Tuesday?

Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
hey! The Sea Ranch is 105 miles north of SF, on the coast. Know the Jenner Grade? 27 miles north of there. I actually have a client in Boulder Creek, hoping to do an addition there, what a great little town! I was there for a meeting, and I thought that if we hadn't found this place, BC would be great. You get a lot more rain than we do, we had 5 or 6 inches. You going to Casini in April?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #4
Rivet Master

I have been through there once or twice. I stayed at the Little River Inn about 18 years ago. Probably somewhat north of you.
It sounds like you are in the construction industry, as I am. I work at a cabinet shop in Hayward.
Boulder Creek is a wonderful place. I've been here for about 13 years now, and I still enjoy it everyday. I have no plans for any camping or rallys at this time, as finances and other responsibilities have taken the possibility away for the time being. I have a lot to do to finish the refurbishment of my safari also. It's barely an aluminum tent right now, though I did take it to Burningman in August.
Let me know if you're coming down to Boulder Creek. We can explore the BC Brewery and see what's on tap.
Rich the Viking
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
Hey, I think my work partner and I would be up for exploring the local brew. I am in the construction industry, I'm an architect. Do you commute from Hayward to BC? Wow. I bet your cabinet making skills are a huge help in working on your trailer.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
Rivet Master

BC to Hayward, 5 days a week, 116 miles a day, times 16 years = how many miles?
I don't know.
I did use some cabinet installation skills when I cut the new floor material, but I haven't gotten to the interior woodwork yet. When I bought this safari I knew all of the wood was shot, and that's partly why it appealed to me. I'll be getting into the interior around springtime (I hope), after I get the shell sealed up tight and decide on the final cabinet layout.
I no longer build cabinets. I do layout and design, sales, shop management, cad drafting, cutlisting, cnc programming, ordering materials......The list goes on and on. That's why I need an Airstream; to get away from all that stuff.
The brewery is a great place to have a bite to eat and a pint, and see some of the local color. Do let me know when you are down this way and I'll introduce you to the Black Dragon stout, or maybe a Redwood ale. YUM!

Rich the Viking
Old 10-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
Hi Viking,

sounds good. We're still negotiating with the clients, but I liked BC so much, I'd love to bring my AS down and explore the Santa Cruz mountains. My brother went to UCSC, and I have fond memories of visiting him there. Stay dry!

Peter

Tags