Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Florence , South Carolina
Refrigerator

Loaned our camper to our son who told us our refrigerator didn't work. Now my wife and I are camping thank god we brought our mini fridge. Our son was right after 35 years the refrigerator did stop working. Now all we half to do is figure out what make and model to buy.
chrischarles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Even more difficult will be finding one that will fit without modifications to your trailer.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischarles View Post
Loaned our camper to our son who told us our refrigerator didn't work. Now my wife and I are camping thank god we brought our mini fridge. Our son was right after 35 years the refrigerator did stop working. Now all we half to do is figure out what make and model to buy.
If the trailer was parked, and not very level, a vapor lock within the reefer can happen.

The fix that you can try is to leave the reefer off for a couple of days, and then tow it about 10 miles or so, with a number of turns.

Then, when the trailer is parked, make sure that it's level and the fire up the reefer again, and see what happens.

The other thing, 'that must be done" over time, is to have the reefer burner orifice cleaned, so that the burner can get hot enough. The orifice should be cleaned every 2 to 3 years to keep the LPG heating at maximum.

After that PM, if the reefer still does not cool, then a replacement is in order.

If so, list the make and model, and I will give you a list of what reefers will fit in the same space.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote