Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2004, 04:07 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Propane camp stove?

In our provisioning before summer camping, we are hunting for a portable propane camp stove. We need two burners and a grill. Most that we found are big, heavy, need wheels to move-just too much and too expensive. Today Max found a Ducane Firelight II BBQ/Campstove that measures 17 1/2 by 12 by 6 inches, opens up (suitcase style) to a BBQ grill (17 1/2 by 12) on one side and a matching 2 burner stove on the other. It costs right at $100.00. I can see this doing breakfast eggs and bacon or pancakes and sausage as well as boiling corn, grilling steaks and sauteing veggies for dinner--all in a pretty easy to use package. It is designed to be used with a 16 oz propane cylinder, but the print out says that an adapter can be used for a larger sylinder, one year warranty. Question: has anyone used this stove or seen one? It is not available at Cabelas, Bass Pro, Target, or stores available to us. He found it on a site called #1 Garden Store. I think we may order it, but I'd rather hear from someone who has used it and can say yea or nay! Thanks.
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
That is pretty slick. Ducane is a top quality product. They used to be pretty picky about their dealers. I had a $1500 backyard one (work Christmas gift) and it performed well.

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 07:17 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Vernon , British Columbia
Propane Stove

Interesting looking propane stove. Have not seen anything like it in Canada. Could you post the website address of any distributors.

Ron
ronpovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 07:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Yes, that's the one he found on his WEB search! We are not familiar with the line so we really appreciate your recommendation of the Ducane product. This is just a "little 'ole stove," not like the fine one in your backyard (!), but I think it looks terrific for a portable camp stove that is more than a grill, and it's a really great price. So, I think we'll order one and report back later on how it packs and works. Thanks, Bobby.
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 04-27-2004, 07:58 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Ron, we ran into several sites that advertised this, but for availability said that it was discontinued or out of stock. The more we compared this with other stoves, the more we liked its size and versatilitiy. We read through over 300 camp stove/grill offerings on Amazon and nothing else was like this. We did a search with using the key words Ducane Firelight and found several other providers. We have just ordered from a source called The Now Network Stores: Daniel J Thaens. Our total cost will be $131.00. We'll cross our fingers that this is a reputable place to order from! The literature on the Ducane product sounds very good.
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 11-06-2008, 01:23 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia View Post
Ron, we ran into several sites that advertised this, but for availability said that it was discontinued or out of stock. The more we compared this with other stoves, the more we liked its size and versatilitiy. We read through over 300 camp stove/grill offerings on Amazon and nothing else was like this. We did a search with using the key words Ducane Firelight and found several other providers. We have just ordered from a source called The Now Network Stores: Daniel J Thaens. Our total cost will be $131.00. We'll cross our fingers that this is a reputable place to order from! The literature on the Ducane product sounds very good.
I know that your post is very old, but I want to buy a camp stove and was wondering if you bought the one referenced here and how do you like it?

Thanks.
Globeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
You may want to check out the Coleman web site. They make liquid (white gas) and propane models -- all sizes and configurations.

Fully retired now!
Remember:
Never start anything before noon and always plan on being finished by 5.
I will never HAVE to be anywhere ever again!
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #8

Oakland , California
Thumbs up Great little Stove

My mother in law gave me a Firelight II about 8 years ago and I've used it ever since camping. It's a great little stove, solid, simple, I've got my hooked up to a 20 lb propane bottle that I borrow from the bbq when camping. It may not have the btu's that some stoves have these days, but the ability to grill on a full plate, cook a pot of coffee and have one burner for toast can't be beat. The only thing better would be if they made a version which put out more btu's.
mfkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We bought a very nice Coleman 2 years ago at Sports Authority.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Gander Mountain® > Coleman RoadTrip Grill LXE

Works great. We use it at work for all employee outdoor cookouts. There are a few places that have it on sale right now and you can get inter=changable griddle/grills for it along with a carry case. Rolls nice and packs up tight with the stand too.
Airbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
2005 25' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Athens , Georgia
yes we too bought one like that and we love it, packs up nicely too and is great when set up.
Roy B is offline   Reply With Quote