Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2019, 08:49 AM   #101
1 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Deland , Florida
Did you get it yet?

So, Steve, did you get that Traveler yet? I'm anxious to hear what you think of it.
ernieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:45 AM   #102
2 Rivet Member

Curtis Wright
​201​9 Atlas​
Saint Cloud , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
These are great! https://lousondrums.com/

BUT - a full sized Cajon would make an awesome coffee table/foot rest (doing double duty as an instrument
Fantastic idea.
RGJZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:50 AM   #103
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Litchfield Park , Arizona
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieman View Post
So, Steve, did you get that Traveler yet? I'm anxious to hear what you think of it.
Hi Ernieman,

Yes, I have it. It will take some getting used to, but I like it. I removed the hanging strap which is attached with a big zip tie because the zip tie connector thing was bothering my hand when down near the nut. Tunes up nice. Neck is OK. Intonation not bad. The sound without any amplification is about the same as strumming an electric guitar that is not plugged in. So you definitely need to be able to plug it into something. Tuning is a bit weird because of the in-body tuners but I'll get used to it.

The size in the little gig bag is the main feature for me. It fits nicely in the bedroom lying on the floor in between the bed and my nightstand so it has a place to go and is not the least bit in the way. When we travel I'll put it in the truck.

I plug it into a Line 6 Sonic Port and the Sonic Port is plugged into my iPhone. On my iPhone I am running Mobile Pod. I have a pair of Bose earbuds I plug into the headphone output on the Sonic Port. I worked up a patch in Mobile Pod that has some compression, a clean amp, some delay, reverb, EQ, and a little chorus. Very nice and I'm enjoying playing through it.

Bottom line is I am happy with my choice. Not for everyone but works for me.

I tried hooking up to my little Rotobeats BluTooth speaker and it worked but the sound was totally disappointing so a "no go". We also have a Bose SoundLink Mini BluTooth speaker that I'm going to try. I think that will work better.

I'm trying to figure out Garageband right now and will try to record something.

Down the road (literally) I may get one of their electric models.

Thanks,

Steve
stevejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:51 PM   #104
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Midwest city , Oklahoma
I have a custom Koa Gib Hummingbird...I feel the same way...highly recommend the new baby Taylor BT2-e/sitka or mahogany top, sapele sides and back, ebony finger board, and preamp with tuner... GREAT SOUND for the money with soft side gig bag.
Tstidstfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:13 AM   #105
1 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Deland , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejones View Post
Hi Ernieman,

Yes, I have it. It will take some getting used to, but I like it. I removed the hanging strap which is attached with a big zip tie because the zip tie connector thing was bothering my hand when down near the nut. Tunes up nice. Neck is OK. Intonation not bad. The sound without any amplification is about the same as strumming an electric guitar that is not plugged in. So you definitely need to be able to plug it into something. Tuning is a bit weird because of the in-body tuners but I'll get used to it.

The size in the little gig bag is the main feature for me. It fits nicely in the bedroom lying on the floor in between the bed and my nightstand so it has a place to go and is not the least bit in the way. When we travel I'll put it in the truck.

I plug it into a Line 6 Sonic Port and the Sonic Port is plugged into my iPhone. On my iPhone I am running Mobile Pod. I have a pair of Bose earbuds I plug into the headphone output on the Sonic Port. I worked up a patch in Mobile Pod that has some compression, a clean amp, some delay, reverb, EQ, and a little chorus. Very nice and I'm enjoying playing through it.

Bottom line is I am happy with my choice. Not for everyone but works for me.

I tried hooking up to my little Rotobeats BluTooth speaker and it worked but the sound was totally disappointing so a "no go". We also have a Bose SoundLink Mini BluTooth speaker that I'm going to try. I think that will work better.

I'm trying to figure out Garageband right now and will try to record something.

Down the road (literally) I may get one of their electric models.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve: Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. From your description it seems you got a different Traveler model than me. Mine is the CL-3E, and it sounds great without being plugged in to anything. I have a custom Chelle that is my main guitar, but since I bought the Traveler I play it more than the Chelle.

I have recorded 2 CDs. They are available on Amazon Music and CD Baby. You can sample the tracks if you go to either site and type in my name: Ernie Garland.

I am rtecovering from back surgery so we have not been "on the road" in a while. But maybe we will see each other some day. Great sharing stories with you!
ernieman is offline   Reply With Quote