Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #221
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Thanks, Jon & Deb...that's appreciated...are are just glad her time came at home and that she went quietly and without pain with her family around her...
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #222
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
TB Greg and Sadie

I'm sorry for your great loss. My wife and I have always had two cockers and experienced the sudden loss of one of our guys this past spring. The loss is still with us, especially our surviving guy.

Remember the joy that she brought you.
nsbcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #223
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Thanks, nsbcpa...Annie had always had major health issues...and she lived far longer than anyone expected her to... As she grew worse over the last couple of months we knew her time was running out ... but it seems we are never "ready" to see them go... Sadie is doing OK we think, but you know cockers...they can have such sad little faces sometimes with those big ol' eyes...
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 12-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #224
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Dear Terry, Greg, and Sadie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I enjoyed reading about the adventures the four of you took. I'll miss your pictures entitled "The girls at the campsite" or "Terry/Greg and the girls". Those were always so sweet. Pets may be with us briefly, but they make our lives so full. And of course, she was one lucky dog to find you.

All my sympathy,
Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #225
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey Lisa & Paul... Thanks... Yes, "The Girls" were always a central part of our travels. Of course, Sadie will continue the tradition. Annie was actually the reason we started RVing in the first place. We literally went years without vacationing ... her health problems made her so high maintenance that it was impossible to leave her with friends...or even board her. So we decided to rent an RV ... and we all loved it. So we bought a small motor home, eventually moving to the Bambi ... and the rest is history. So we really owe Annie for helping us find Airstreaming ...
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 12-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #226
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1971 18' Caravel
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Terry & Greg,

I am so sorry for your loss. My yellow lab passed away this past spring after 14 years and the loss of a friend who gives limitless love and affection is is tough to bear. I know you will cherish the memories of your time with Annie as we all treasure the stories and photos of her and Sadie from your travels.

Tom

Res nolunt diu male administrari.

WDCU Unit #170
Air #7085

TAC VA-4
WBCCI #2641
VAC
71 Caravel
69 Tradewind

My YouTube Channel
TWaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:18 AM   #227
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
saddened at your loss

paula, phoenix, peabody and i are grieved to hear of your loss...i cannot even bear to think of losing one of ours
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:30 AM   #228
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Colleyville , Texas
What a wonderful life Annie had after being rescued . Thank you for your kindness to this little girl. We all share your loss.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #229
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
In case anyone is wondering, we are once again getting behind in the upkeep of our travel log, as the fall is very busy travel time for us...and our "behindness" we apologize for...

The last update on our website is our trip in Aug leading to Labor Day...since we have been to Northern NM for 3 weeks starting with the 4CU Heron Lake Rally and culminating in the 4CU Balloon Fiesta Rally in ABQ...then we went ot Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point), Mexico with two other 4CU Airstreamers ...and spent a quiet Thanksgiving at Picacho Peak...and I fear we may not get our acts together to post more before we leave for our Holiday trip in a couple of weeks. So please bear with us. We'll get there eventually.

Part of our delay is because our world suffered a great loss a few days after returning from Mexico in mid-November when one of our cockers, our Little Orphan Annie, passed away due to a combination of old age and chronic health issues, despite her fighting the good fight. Her little bright light in our lives is greatly missed. We've decided it's time to change our signature to reflect her absence...and we wanted to include a small tribute we made to her to share with those who knew her ... it's attached.
So sorry to read about your little poochie. Losing a pet is terrible. I hope you feel better soon.
Kathleenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #230
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWaugh View Post
Terry & Greg,

I am so sorry for your loss. My yellow lab passed away this past spring after 14 years and the loss of a friend who gives limitless love and affection is is tough to bear. I know you will cherish the memories of your time with Annie as we all treasure the stories and photos of her and Sadie from your travels.

Tom
We still have the lab-shaped Christmas ornament we bought for Shandi's first Christmas with us about seventeen years ago. He's been gone for the last five years but I thought about him today when I hung up the old ornament. Labs are a special breed and very loving. NOT that I want another one, you understand....
Old 12-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #231
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWaugh View Post
Terry & Greg,

Tom
Thanks, Tom... And we are sorry to hear that you lost your pal, too. There's got to be a special place for all our furry friends...at least I hope so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher24 View Post
paula, phoenix, peabody and i are grieved to hear of your loss...i cannot even bear to think of losing one of ours
C&P ... Thanks for your thoughts ... it's appreciated ... and we look forwad to seeing you at Picacho for New Year's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaP View Post
What a wonderful life Annie had after being rescued . Thank you for your kindness to this little girl. We all share your loss.
Lisa... thanks ... we are glad that we were able to provide Annie the care and attention she needed to have a happy life....
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 12-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #232
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleenh View Post
So sorry to read about your little poochie. Losing a pet is terrible. I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you, Kathleen... We will always miss Annie, but each day is a bit better.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 12-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #233
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Sorry for your loss. I still get teary eyed when I think of when we lost our Roxie. Yeah. Big, tough retired truck driver. Sal.
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #234
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen View Post
Sorry for your loss. I still get teary eyed when I think of when we lost our Roxie. Yeah. Big, tough retired truck driver. Sal.
Thanks, Sal... It seems that it doesn't matter big and tough we are... their loss still gets to us... It's the order of things, it appears.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 12-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #235
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Terry and Greg,

We are so sorry to hear about your loss of Annie. Whenever we read about your adventures, it has always been "Terry, Greg, and the girls." Remember to hug Sadie a little more, as she is missing her sister, as well, and she will help you get through this rough time.

Dee & Paul
Bailey, the lab, and Dexter, the orange kitty

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 12-20-2010, 12:52 AM   #236
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey Dee & Paul...

Thanks for the kind words... Each day is a little better ... its been a little over a month now...we think of her every day. Sadie is ever-present and never far from one of us... We try not to let her be alone for too long when we have to go out, since she has never really be totally alone in the house ... but she seems to be doing OK. She's even losing a little weight (a good thing) since we have put her back on dry food ... (Annie required canned food and you can't git it to one and not the other...) Sadie seems fine with that, interestingly. Hope to see you two soon at a rally! Dead Horse 5, maybe?
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 12-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #237
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
TB, I have been looking at your pictures from three years ago (this thread sure is long-lived!) and really enjoying them. We plan to head down to Tucson at the end of January. We are booked at the Green Valley RV Resort for ten days. After that, well, we just may mosey on over to the Roper Lake State Park for a few days, thanks to your enthusiasm. I'm wondering how far ahead we should call....

Have you ever been to the Green Valley RV Resort? Our daughter lives in Tucson and is getting married so she'll be there for awhile. We need to start finding places which we will enjoy staying in with our Bambi; same as yours only is a 2001. We know nothing about RVing in that part of the world so this place will be a crap shoot. It looks good online but so do they all.

At this point I'll just hope the weather is with us as we make our way down from Oregon in February.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #238
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
TB, I have been looking at your pictures from three years ago (this thread sure is long-lived!) and really enjoying them. We plan to head down to Tucson at the end of January. We are booked at the Green Valley RV Resort for ten days. After that, well, we just may mosey on over to the Roper Lake State Park for a few days, thanks to your enthusiasm. I'm wondering how far ahead we should call....

Have you ever been to the Green Valley RV Resort? Our daughter lives in Tucson and is getting married so she'll be there for awhile. We need to start finding places which we will enjoy staying in with our Bambi; same as yours only is a 2001. We know nothing about RVing in that part of the world so this place will be a crap shoot. It looks good online but so do they all.

At this point I'll just hope the weather is with us as we make our way down from Oregon in February.
Hey, Kathleen...you'll enjoy camping in SoAZ at that time of year... check out our travel log website for some ideas...we have been all over Arizona and have been to most public campgrounds at one time or another...we have not stayed at the Green Valley RV Resort, but Green Valley is a nice place... Feel free to PM me a your time grows closer and I can make some camping suggestions if you want. You have to make reservations at Roper Lake at least 2 weeks in advance. We like the "Hacienda Loop" best (both regular camping loop are electric & water), Hacienda sites B, D, & E are our favorites...Q is a good one, too ... (none of the are bad, really...)... If your timing is right you could come to the 4CU Dead Horse Rally in Cottonwood, AZ (near Sedona)...over President's Day weekend in Feb...it's a great rally! Let me know if that's a possibility and I'll get you more info.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 12-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #239
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Thanks, TB, I will certainly have a look at your blog and do some poking around on the Roper Lake web site. Water and electric... No sewer? That is okay but my DH is skittish about dump sites. We've never had a 'Robin Williams' moment but I just know there is a dump site out there with our name on it for something like that.

I'm thinking that once we get out of Oregon and the Mt. Shasta region in NorCal, we won't want to come back here until the Spring. The weather in AZ is extremely pleasant in February and March. Why go home?

When we get closer to the date I'll give you a holler for some advice. The event at Dead Horse sounds like a hoot.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #240
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
....my DH is skittish about dump sites. We've never had a 'Robin Williams' moment but I just know there is a dump site out there with our name on it for something like that.
Hi Kathleen, my DH took lessons from my 80+ year-old uncle on the "fine art" of maneuvering around the dump station. He has a pair of long rubber gloves that extend up to his elbows and a pair of rubber boots....these are carefully rinsed and put away after each episode, and carefully stashed away! I would add a mask like dental hygienists use, if it were me. I totally understand your DH's skittishness...

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU