Old 01-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Oops - late post

Sorry I'm coming into this late. I bet you came and left already. In fact, I bet I saw you pull out last weekend??? If you had a Dodge pulling you then I saw you as I was walking our girls down Lamar.... You dont see new airstreams come thru downtown Austin that often....

If you are still in town, let us know and we can show you guys around or give you some places to check out.

PM me if you need anything.

Jaxon, The Park I'm at is monthly only.... too bad... (and they will not let me sublet)

Pecan Grove will give them a nice taste of Austin before the Condos come....

Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Scurry , Texas
Our stay at Pecan Grove was this past Memorial Day weekend. The park was full, mostly with residents and stored RVs & trailers. Many Airstreams there too. It looked like they only have a handful of spaces available for overnight rental due to the near capacity of permanent units. But, all in all, Pecan Grove was the perfect location for us. The park is very quiet, although it's right in the middle of town on Barton Springs at Lamar. We thought there might be a lot of traffic noise or loud music from the restaurant next door but it was nice and quiet throughout the night. There's a good italian restaurant next door...I think it was named Romeo's. We ordered some take out pizza and pasta for dinner and dined in the Safari. The Pecan Grove folks are very friendly and welcoming. I give it a thumbs up for inner city lodging.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Ponderay , Idaho
Question

We're going to a 3 day wedding event in downtown Austin and we have reservations at Pecan Grove. Thanks for the heads up on cash/credit card thing, were you able to get wi-fi?

Leslie
Old 05-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Scurry , Texas
I paid with cash by the way. It was $30 for one night. I didnt' take my laptop so didn't have a chance to try the wi fi. We also left our TV at home so we didn't use the cable hookup.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Ponderay , Idaho
Thanks anyway, good to know it's a good place. I recently found out that Panera Bread also has free wi-fi, unfortunately Austinites aren't big on chain restaurants! I'm also looking for suggestions on places to see/things to do/parks to stay, on the next leg of the journey from Austin to Minneapolis, MN~any ideas?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' International CCD
Austin , Texas
Austin to Minneapolis?

Drive as fast as you can.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Ponderay , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Mick View Post
Austin to Minneapolis?

Drive as fast as you can.
I was afraid of that! Considering it's tornado season we might just have to.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Scurry , Texas
If the next leg of your trip takes you through Amarillo you might want to stop off at Palo Duro Canyon State Park. But if you go through Dallas and up to Texarkana there's a beautiful little state park called Dangerfield State Park near Tyler, Tx along that route. Coming from Austin on I-35, as you pass through "West" Texas
just N. of Waco, be sure to stop at the Czech Bakery and get some home made kolachis. Also, in Waco there is a fantastic Texas Rangers Museum that has a lot of historical artifacts from the old west years of The Texas Rangers including some Bonnie & Clyde and Billy the Kid items. Also, if you go via the Texarkana route, once you get into Arkansas you may want to detour over to Hot Springs for a day or so and enjoy some hot mineral baths, massages, and a day at the horse races at Oak Lawn. If you go North on I-75 from Dallas you can stop off at Dennison Tx and visit President Eisenhower's home and spend some time at Lake Texoma.
I also highly recommend the National Cowboy Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City, if you go that way. John Wayne's family donated all of his firearms, Kochina dolls, and old west collectables to that museum plus it's got a nice collection of western art. Either way you go there's lots to see along the way.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
Tin Diesel,
Cedar Breaks COE campground on the South shore of Lake Georgetown is a really nice campground not too far from Pflugerville. Since it is COE, it has water & electric at the sites plus a dump station on the way out. We have camped there several times.

Dennis