Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-23-2016, 08:12 PM   #1

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Vero Beach , Florida
Exterior Bodywork on new Airstream Close to Treasure Coast Florida

Hello everyone!!!! So I am a single mother new to this fun camping with my son. Well, first time out I wrecked my silver baby! Completely my fault for coming in tired and anxious.....

I hit a tree and put a big dent on the passenger side along with damaging the awning....

Does anyone know of a reputable place to take my Airstream Flying Cloud to get fixed that is somewhat close to the Treasure Coast? Summer is coming up and I am hoping to use it with my son again....but not parking while tired!!!!!

Much Regards,

MG
MaryGladys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Clinton , Land of Purple Mtn Majesty,Montana
I note that it is a "brand new trailer". I would suggest starting with the dealer that sold it to you while working with your insurance carrier. So sorry that happened to you as I also have a new 2016 and the 2nd time I used it I "nearly ripped off the sewer system" in a freak accident....I was luck to be able to repair it myself but that 2nd outing only lasted 18" inches. Good Luck!
Rpatrick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 04:09 AM   #3

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Vero Beach , Florida
Thank you RPatrick but the dealer in Tampa said they could fit me in in three months....that is a looooong time to wait to get it repaired...plus they have bad reviews here in this forum.

The insurance folks suggested North Trail in Fort Myers but I see JD Sanders in Alachua recommended and something like GMCOOP in Ortlando. I also called Campers World in Cocoa Beach and they said possibly they could.

Has anyone used any of these folks with success?

Thank you again!
Old 04-24-2016, 04:18 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
JD sanders, give them a call and see if they can help you. Won't be an overnight fix, though. Insurance?
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:41 AM   #5
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
Maybe just enjoy it as is and drop it off in the fall?
Perhaps a trip to the factory in Ohio would be a great roadtrip for both of you.... additionally the factory tour would be a great educational opportunity. The service and repair at the factory service center will male it like it never happened!
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:31 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
JD Sanders, but you may need to be patient with their scheduling. Joe
jayseejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
Foley RV (aka Mississippi Airstream) in Gulfport MS advertises in the Airstream magazines (Blue Beret, Airstream Life) specifically that they specialize in collision repair. The ad shows a before and after picture.

Can't vouch for their work, just letting you know what I saw.

Closer than going to Jackson Center for you. But Jackson Center is THE go-to place for Airstream repair, bar none.

Greg
greghoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
If you are thinking of going to Jackson Center then Helena Ohio is only a bit farther north (Hwy #6 of I75) and P&S Trailer Service do good work. Probably less expensive than AS factory, and P&S came highly recommended to me by the Factory
JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Columbia , South Carolina
Have the same problem does anyone know of someone is South Carolina?
McLogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:49 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Airstream - Other
2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Williamsburg , Virginia
You might want to call AS factory and ask for dealer referral. I live in SC and they recommended a dealer in Apex, NC if I remember correctly. I called and spoke with them and they said they can cut them in half and put them back together like new. Ultimately, I chose to go the the AS factory as I had a long list of warranty fixes that needed attention. Typing this note as I sit in the Terraport in Jackson Center waiting for the service dept to open Monday. Good luck.
SC RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:38 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Barrie , Ontario
Last Dec 29 my trailer door came open when I was driving and the layers were completely split open from the door lock to the top.I managed to get the door shut and locked but there was a big gap at the top, I got into Jackson Center after dark and got a spot to park and hook up the security guard told me every thing was shut down till Jan 4th ! The next morning I talked to Judy the day shift security guard and she said she would make some calls less then an hour later there was 4 guys at my trailer it took about 2 hours to repair the door outside by hand and it looks better then ever,,,,,and they didn't charge me a cent, just wished me a Happy New Year and my old 78 AS was ready to head south . The rest of the trip to Louisiana was uneventful, the old tin can tows like a shadow !!!
Bev1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:09 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Tampa RV is notorious for there long wait for service. Jackson Center, Ohio would be me my choice for repairs on that new FC. Their turn around time is very quick as they have all necessary parts to complete the job & do it right. While there fee camping (almost free) at the Terraport, factory tour & spacious lounge to hang out. Every morning they pick up you trailer & return it late afternoon. Call them & make that you 2016 summer adventure, I'll bet your son will never forget the experience.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #13

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Vero Beach , Florida
Thank you Everyone!

Thank you so much for the replies! I would LOVE to go directly to Airstream but that is not possible this summer....We have friends and family and a tight schedule this summer. Sheesh, I remember as a kid thinking summer vacation went by so slowly...but this summer, our planning his vacation time it's like NOTHING! I may be yanking him out soon enough for home schooling...:-)

So, lemme fill everyone in on the status as of today!

I called JD Sanders in Alachua, North Trail in Fort Myers, Camping World in Cocoa Beach, and RV One in Orlando and the other in Tampa. This is what I got:

JD Sanders - won't be able to touch it for a month.
Camping World didn't get back to me til today.
RV One in Orlando said they had NEWLY certified AS techs but no tools
RV One in Tampa said 2 to 3 months
North Trail said to bring it in that they had 3 certified techs and they will start working on it the minute the insurance adjuster looks at it.

So, I am driving to Fort Myers in the morning! I pray it works out ok!

As a side note, I called the folks at RVSafety dot com in Merritt to take a driving class! That is scheduled in early June! Nice people.I have this forum to thank for finding out about their programs!

Sooooo happy! It will be all right now! Thank you so much!!!!

Now lemme go see what trouble I can get into with a new electric hitch jack....

Regards,

MG