Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Overlander > 1965 - 1969 Overlander
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Durham , North Carolina
Sewer Solution

Has anyone used Sewer Solutions on a trailer that only has a black-water tank? If so, what are your thoughts? good or bad?

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-SS01.../dp/B00CCYWJQK

Thanks.
goswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
I use one on my black tank--I do not usually carry any gray water, because I keep the gray dump open and the gray tank empty all the time..don't need to use the gray water to flush the stinky slinky.

It is quite effective at pumping/macerating the contents of the black tank using the built-in water jet. I also have no problem pumping 'stuff' uphill a bit, either. The same jet, rotated, is also very good at flushing the black tank clean--better than the built in flusher my AS has. The water jet also makes it very easy to get the SewerSolution head and hose nice and clean when finished dumping.

It is MUCH easier to handle and store than the stinky slinky. I have a clean, new slinky in the storage tube, it came with the trailer--and never has been used.

I did have to add a short straight clear adapter to easily get the SewerSolution hooked up--my tank dump is recessed fairly far under the trailer, and that straight section makes it easier to hook up without a struggle.

All the bits and pieces store in my bumper storage and are thus separated from the clean stuff like the power cable and shore water hoses--they live in a collapsible crate in the back of the tow vehicle.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1958 18' "Footer"
Idyllwild , California
I have been using one of these for a few years while in our Newell Bus. Works Great!
I have had the gray dumping through one for a few months & dumping the Black every couple of weeks.
On our '58 Traveler I couldn't get a slinky with bayonet fittings on the original storage tube but can get a few Sewer Solution hoses in it. We just finished 3 weeks traveling around Oregon on the 25th VAC with no issues using only the Sewer Solution. No issues!

As a side I modified the original discharge to have separate gray & separate black discharges, typically simply use a bucket for the gray.
1958 California Built 18' #18-4092
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f106...on-122678.html
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote