Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Globetrotter
Bluffton , South Carolina
New cushions/slip covers from Airstream

Good afternoon all.

I was wondering if one can purchase new cushions, or slip covers, from Airstream?

Searching for an International Serenity, with the salsa interior. A thought crossed my mind. I am limiting my search if one of my items of focus, is the color of the cushions. We can easily change them out and replace Oyster or
Espresso with the salsa slip covers.

Might any one know if we can purchase the slip covers or the entire cushions themselves?

Thanks.
WillZoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Cushion covers

Yes, I believe you can order a complete set of covers from Airstream. We purchased a 2017 Int. Serenity 23D with Oyster Ultraleather. At the time I inquired about replacement covers and was quoted around $2000.00 for complete set for our 23D. We plan on ordering a set in Salsa when our Oysters look worn. Love the Salsa, but at time we purchased no Salsa available.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Globetrotter
Bluffton , South Carolina
Thank you...thank you...thank you!

That is what we were hoping would be the case. Would make sense, that one could do this.
WillZoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Cushion Covers

Not sure what size Airstream your looking for, but check the Colonial Airstream website. They currently show several units with Salsa. That is where we purchased. Very easy to deal with and great deal also. Yes, it was a 1500 mile round trip to pick up. We had a great time learning how everything worked on trip home.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vero Beach , Florida
we have made two cushion changes to our trailer. I had a local slipcover shop make new covers for all cushions. The original set is now in storage. We use similar, Sunbrella covers for normal use. I never yell at the grandkids anymore to be mindful of the expensive Airstream covers (better for them, me and grandma). I think the whole set of covers was $750. We also have an alternate interior with two recliners, a cafe table and a short bench. For that, I did the woodworking but had custom cushions made and covered them with the same Sunbrella that was part of the original Airstream upholstery in the Eddie Bauer. There are many places that do work like that. I used http://www.cushionsxpress.com and was pleased. Pics in my gallery.
GammaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Pacific Palisades , California
One caution on this, guys.

Great if you do it at purchase, but our experience is that Airstream only keeps spare material for a few Airstream’s, and they go on a first come first served basis. Check out threads on trying to refurbish International Ocean Breezes, for example!

I’d double check with Airstream parts in advance as to how many sets they have in stock. Next step would be to contact Ultraleather to make sure they’re not discontinuing your color. If they’re not, you always have the fallback of having a local upholsterer do a custom job. This can be LESS expensive than purchasing new covers from Airstream—although more of a hassle.

Good luck!
gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:26 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Cary , NC
Cushion covers

I can make new covers for you in a fabric of your choosing. $1,000. Plus cost of fabric.

Why stay with boring AS salsa when you can have cool fabrics of your choosing. Includes throw pillows.

Contact me at:
Scout2014@gmail.com
alreardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:18 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2012 23' FB International
Charlotte , NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraljohn View Post
Yes, I believe you can order a complete set of covers from Airstream. We purchased a 2017 Int. Serenity 23D with Oyster Ultraleather. At the time I inquired about replacement covers and was quoted around $2000.00 for complete set for our 23D. We plan on ordering a set in Salsa when our Oysters look worn. Love the Salsa, but at time we purchased no Salsa available.
Colonial quoted us 2,400 in July (2018) for the Ultra leather. (We looked at Colonial but ended up buying a used AS.)
VDR928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Pacific Palisades , California
Caution alert!

We were very upset when we called Airstream when in 2016 we wanted to refresh our cushions and curtains in our 2009 Ocean Breeze only to find out that they no longer had any cushion covers or curtains. A year long, thorough search tracked down the original manufacturers, but the materials were out of manufacture as they were designed especially for Airstream for the Ocean Breeze.

This may not be a problem with the Serenity line as it is not a limited edition like the Ocean Breeze.and especially not for the curtains, as they are not in a pattern and it should be no problem to have custom white curtains made by somebody if AS runs out. But if you’re serious about keeping your coach for long enough that you’ll want to refresh the interior fabrics, as we did with our Ocean Breeze, I would think seriously about purchasing your cushion covers in the next season or two and putting them into storage. You might not be as lucky as we were to find fabrics that actually enhanced the look and modernized the coach as we did (we just took a deposit on our refurbished coach as we moved off the mainland and found we were no longer using it. Responses to photos were gratifyingly numerous with many people loving the modified interior.)

$2000 is a modest investment in your future to make sure your beautiful coach stays fresh and just the way you want it!
gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:47 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Cary , NC
Cushions

Any upholster can do new seat covers. No need to go to Airstream. I made my own, and curtains
Old 08-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Excella
North East , Maryland
Custom Covers

We are working on our "new to us" 1988 Excella 29. The old sofa (and all fabric wall panels, carpet, etc. ) were dirty mauve. We ripped out the carpet, the mauve blinds and the rotten draperies. I thought the sofa would have to go too.

But, when we pulled it out the sofa was a Flexsteel. The frame, cushions, etc. were in excellent shape. The upholstery was awful. I found a large Ultraleather remnant on one of the online fabric sites mentioned here and purchased enough to do the wall and headboard pieces as well as the sofa.

We are using a local upholsterer known for her excellent work. She actually liked working on a sofa that came to her in pieces. We are getting new foam (15 year life) and the entire job including the fabric will be about $750.

That was compared to a new Flexsteel at $4000. I am thrilled. We still have lots of work to do; but it is going to look great!
Ladyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:02 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Cary , NC
Are you on any FaceBook sites where you can post pictures?
Old 08-26-2018, 04:43 AM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
New cushions/slip covers from Airstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillZoom View Post
Good afternoon all.

I was wondering if one can purchase new cushions, or slip covers, from Airstream?

Searching for an International Serenity, with the salsa interior. A thought crossed my mind. I am limiting my search if one of my items of focus, is the color of the cushions. We can easily change them out and replace Oyster or

Espresso with the salsa slip covers.

Might any one know if we can purchase the slip covers or the entire cushions themselves?

Thanks.

Recently had Ultra leather upgrade (1106.00) completed on our 27fb at a cost of 849.00 this included covering all doors on lower storage spaces.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1942.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	320838 we had the upholster make three new cushions that had worn out and one new cushion for end of sofa next to new storage cabinet.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2084.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	320840
DSteed is offline   Reply With Quote