Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International
2019 25' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Need to fix separated wall panel

A few spots on our trailer have wall panels that have come loose from the furniture frame. It looks like these panel/veneers were originally afixed with short staple guns. I would like to make them stick a little more permanently but still have them look attractive.

Anyone have a suggestion of what kind of fastener I could use that would look good and still be secure? Maybe some kind of elegant screw?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2490.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	137135   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2491.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	137136  

TankerIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
right track

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankerIP View Post
........... look attractive.

Anyone have a suggestion of what kind of fastener I could use that would look good and still be secure? Maybe some kind of elegant screw?
I have seen this before. I would pre-drill the holes to make sure it does not slip or split. It may not be very easy to find srews the same color and painting the heads of ones you like may be easier. I would also use some glues like Liquid Nails if you have surface to stick it to. The glue and screws should give enough strength to keep it from coming loose again.

If it comes back loose again it will look real bad. Over-kill to make sure that does not happen is a good idea.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International
2019 25' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Thanks for suggestion. I think I will see if I can call someone in Jackson Center. I noticed elsewhere in my trailer that there are screws in the panels with a cover over the head of the screw. I would like to get some of those to use.

Now I need to figure who to call or write at JC.
TankerIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Those might be called Snap-Caps. I get them at auto stores or on line. I paint them to match my project. Rockler or Hobby Lobby probably has them too.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote