Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2006 - 2010 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
2008 International 75th Anniversary - 25ft

We are considering the purchase of a 2008 International 75th Anniversary (25 ft Ocean Breeze) with the rear corner bed. Anyone out there who currently owns one (or previously owned one) that can share any information on the good or bad, with respect to quality, design, towing, storage, etc.? Thanks in advance for any and all replies and input.
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
I have a 2010 25' International Fb.....I love it. Towing is easy. Quality is great!! I don't believe there is much difference between the two....What are they asking for it? Post pictures, if you can.

Shane

Tow Vehicle" 2023 F250 Azure Gray!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Shane - Thanks for your reply.

I failed to take some photos ... but if we end up purchasing it then I'll take some photos and post them.

The story we're told is that the husband purchased it, the wife said "no way am I going camping." He supposedly used it only a couple of times, stored it in the barn and he has decided to sell it. The appliances and shower appear to have never been used. Price listed is $48K, I have researched the Air Classifieds and I'm thinking the price is on the high side.

Even though it is 7 feet shorter than our current 1988 unit, the wide body and design sure does seem roomier than our 32 ft unit. Not sure yet if we can "part ways" with our current unit after working so hard to restore it. We may put it out on a small ranch we have ... but then we worry about it being stolen or the hunters that we lease to accidentally shooting a hole(s) in it. Seems like so much to consider ... but I guess if it's meant to be it will work out.

I just haven't seen much on the forums with regard to this model and I don't want to step into any problems unknowingly. By the way ... we tow with a 2008 Ford F-250 4x4. I see you have a newer F-250. So I guess the F-250 is not too much truck for this size of unit? A pretty good fit in size and towing capacity?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

Arlington , Texas
Still like to see pics...If you did throw one on the ranch....cut the hitch off and leave it so noone can tow it away. also flatten the tires....

Yes tows like a dream. Went to the Ouichita Mountains a month back and 8% grades were awesome. Also the tow/haul mode....HELPS A LOT with braking and less wear on the brakes.

I love my Stream and my Superduty. A great combination. Both American Icons...Airstream and Ford!!!

Shane

TAC ID TX-1432
Old 01-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
The bad news?

Hi, If this trailer is a 75th aniversary model it should be a 2006, not a 2008 year model. My trailer is a 2005, so I know that the 75th was the next year after mine. If it has the corner bed, it will be what is called a six sleeper. Two on the bed, two on the gaucho, and two little people on the dinette. Some people really love this model especially if they have kids. The rear corner bed is next to impossible to make properly so some people use something similar to a sleeping bag. The $48,000. asking price is about what the list was for a six sleeper in 2006, you you might want to check this out further. This may be a great trailer, and you might really like it, but make sure of what it really is and pay a fair price for it.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

Arlington , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, If this trailer is a 75th aniversary model it should be a 2006, not a 2008 year model. My trailer is a 2005, so I know that the 75th was the next year after mine. If it has the corner bed, it will be what is called a six sleeper. Two on the bed, two on the gaucho, and two little people on the dinette. Some people really love this model especially if they have kids. The rear corner bed is next to impossible to make properly so some people use something similar to a sleeping bag. The $48,000. asking price is about what the list was for a six sleeper in 2006, you you might want to check this out further. This may be a great trailer, and you might really like it, but make sure of what it really is and pay a fair price for it.

Double post

TAC ID TX-1432
Old 01-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #7

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
They also did the 75th in 2007 but not 2008. Not sure about the price.

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...=11907&cat=all
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Thanks for these additional replies. This is exactly the kind of information I am needing. I would have had no idea that this unit could potentially be marketed incorrectly as a 2008. So it sounds like this information further validates that it is overpriced. It has the 75th Anniversary plaque on the exterior ... so I would believe that plaque and the knowledge that you all have shared with me substantiates the model year would reflect that it is a little older unit.

More input and thoughts are welcome.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #9

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike
Thanks for these additional replies. This is exactly the kind of information I am needing. I would have had no idea that this unit could potentially be marketed incorrectly as a 2008. So it sounds like this information further validates that it is overpriced. It has the 75th Anniversary plaque on the exterior ... so I would believe that plaque and the knowledge that you all have shared with me substantiates the model year would reflect that it is a little older unit.

More input and thoughts are welcome.
If it's an 08 they are right on the money but too much for an 07. Check out NADA online (I know it's lower than reality) but it will give you an idea on price. I have a 06 CCD Bambi with the plaque but I know they were on some 07s as well. I'd say look at the FB on the classifieds and see if they will come down. The bigger bed would be worth it. When I can use ours more (5-10 years) I will get a 25-27 FB but for now I love the Bambi. Good luck and check the manufacture date on the front side of the trailer. Mine is Aug 05 but 2006 model year.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #10
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
We all think the alike.. I was reading this thinking that my 2001 is a 70th anniversary airstream.. so I was doing math in my head and it wasnt adding up?

I know they only had one year for the 70th anniversary.. strange that they would continue the 75th for two more model years...

Vinnie

ps.. I know my avatar says its a 2002 but thats only because the list in the forums drop down doesnt have 2001

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #11
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
I have the 2005 Safari with the rear corner bed, dinette and front sofa.

Probably the two biggest concerns about the model are the boxed in corner bed, and the tight toilet. For me, as solo traveler, have been very small issues. The shower is relatively large and seems very sturdy compared to other RV showers I've looked at. The rest of the trailer is roomy, flexible and can seat a lot of people.

On my trailer, the quality of the foam stuffing of cushions leaves a lot to be desired. I replaced the corner mattress with an innerspring custom mattress. I sleep very comfortably on the corner bed.

No regrets at all in my case regarding the floorplan. But think hard about the bed.
tpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
75th Anniversary Airstream.

Hi, OK this is how I see it on the 75th Anniversary Airstream; 2006 was the year, but It was used on all Airstreams built in the year 2006, so an early 2007 could also be an Anniversary model. [Someone like a dealer could verify this] Also anyone could buy an Anniversary plaque and stick it on any year trailer, I was going to do to mine, but never did. With the VIN or production date, you will have a better idea of what it is. My trailer is a 2005 model that was built in the middle of 2004. I'm glad that you are looking for information before you actually buy something.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
_

. , .
there is a production plate on the outside of the the stream...

there is a vin # for the stream.

either will validate the year/model.

the '75th anniversary' moniker was used for TWO YEARS (06 and 07) of production.

but they also sold the medallion at the factory parts store (in black or blue),

and many dealers had them in their local parts bin.

it came with double stick tape already applied and means nothing stuck on ANY trailer ...

i've got several of them in a drawer and one converted into an airdiddy gold chained necklace.

got schWagg?

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeWelery.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	119495

see post #81 here for more bling...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...tml#post249665

the 25ft ocean breeze is a nice unit, regardless of year produced,

and pricing is largely subjective, base on condition and REGIONAL...

that unit is popular and higher priced in flo' and cali,

but if it were 4 sale in ohio it would be listed 4 less $$.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:38 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
San Antonio , Texas
We have a 2007 International Ocean Breeze 25' FB with all the bells and whistles. We really love this unit and have been using it quite often. In fact we have been away for the past 6 weeks, and expect to be back by the end of this month. My significant other takes her sewing machines with her, so the extra space in a larger unit would be nice to have.
We are in San Antonio, so if you were interested, it would be easy for you to look at her.
You can call me and I will be glad to answer any questions you might have.
Hope that helps.
Barry
210-912-9375
Barry Parkof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Washington , Utah
We had a 23' International 23D and really liked it. It is a great size for weekends and shorter vacations. As we are getting closer to retirement, and have a desire to go on longer trips, we sold our 23 and are going to replace it with a 27FB.

The 23' towed great with the dual axles. The floor plan is very livable. Ours was 8' wide as opposed to the 8' 5.5" width when you get to the 25' and larger. The front area was very comfortable for lounging, reading, watching tv, etc.

We found it to be well constructed and pretty much trouble free except for a leaking fan and a defective microwave. The galley is a good size and having the microwave above the refrig saves a lot of counter space.

As far as the cons go, I don't have many. Yes, the bathroom is a bit small but I don't spend much of my day in there. The corner bed is a pain to make but we used a duvet and it made it much easier and added some color.

Like others have said, I believe the price is a bit high. In the Denver market right now, I believe an '07 would sell with a "3" handle. The tires are probably approaching their 5th birthday and should be considered for replacement due to age instead of wear.

Good luck!

Ron
RonaldC303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
I have the 2007 International Ocean 25' with the rear bed. We really like it overall but my one pet peeve is the bed. Quite small for two adults and only access from the one side by the bathroom. Many times, my wife and I end up splitting up between the rear bed and the front sofa bed at night and we are not huge people! Other than that, its pretty awesome. And yes, I would say that price is on the high side.
jjboone101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1978 29' Ambassador
2006 30' Classic S/O
Pine Bluff , Arkansas
2airishumman......I sent u a pm this morning so when u can please read glogeo
glogeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2008 22' Safari
Baker , Florida
check out the post I found after purchasing my 2007 Safari 27' (75th Anniversary Edition)...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f396...eak-56099.html
lsuarch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Frank/Mike,

You guys have spent alot of time and $ making your vintage trailer VERY nice looking. Why don't you want to keep it anymore? It is a great trailer.

Steve
Old 01-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Open Road , USA
Like everyone says, that price seems high and I think you could get a 27 or 28 for that price. When we were looking, we saw a number of dealers selling new 2010 27 and 28 foot internationals and ocean breezes in the mid 50's for starting prices, 25 footers around 50-52k.

Gross weight isn't much more depending on the year although about 150lbs on the tongue and you get a lot more room. I've been thinking about aluminum propane tanks to take some of the tongue weight off, so that might be an option to save 30-40lb up there if need be. For 2008, the 25 FB are only about 30lb diff total weight according to the spec sheet and all of them weigh more than I'd like to pull with a 1/2 ton anyway.

I personally didn't like the corner bed, seemed like it would be a real pain to deal with and all the 25's looked to not have enough storage for our full timing adventure. Even the FB didn't because there were no upper side cabinets beside the bed but the open feeling was incredible. The 28 barely has enough room, I would have gone with a newer 27 if I had more money for the larger wardrobe. What type of use do you foresee? For shorter trips the 25 would be just fine I think but when you have to have summer clothes, winter clothes plus various different types of shoes, etc it can eat up space real quick. Add some hobby items and I'm packed to the gills

I've thought the 27 is the best layout for longer term trips or full timing, but the 28 has worked just fine for us and we couldn't afford a newer one where the 27 floor plan was offered.

Tags
2008 international