Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-08-2016, 08:22 PM   #1

2017 27' International
Wauconda , Illinois
Purchasing 2017 FC 25 Rear Twin--Advice on options?

Hi! My husband and I are very excited to begin the process of purchasing our first Airstream. After many trips to our local Airstream dealer and countless internet hours, we have decided on the 2017 Flying Cloud 25 Rear Twin. (We like the Twin option because you have a lot more floor space/storage in the bedroom, and you don't have any climbing to do to get out of bed.)

They come pretty loaded with amazing goodies. However, I am wondering what add-ons we should consider. Are there options you wish you'd included but didn't? Are there options you purchased but could've done without? What about a 2nd AC unit--necessary? Any input is very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Monique
K and M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
A frequent complaint about the dinette seating is the lack of long-term comfort of the bench seats, some don't like the entrance door at the rear of the trailer. Otherwise an excellent design with few comfort or travel issues.

We were looking for a FC 25 RB (queen) and came upon a beautifully assembled trailer fresh from the factory, not a flaw. Trouble was it had every available option, something we didn't think we needed. We talked to sales, made a deal that included discounting the price of these options and brought it home.

No regrets whatsoever. We have enjoyed every one of these options, wouldn't want to be without them. We have taken our Airstream all over the country many times and slept in it over 1,000 nights. We inspect and maintenance it well, if something needs fixing it gets fixed, if we don't like a feature we change it (recliner seating for example) to our travel needs. We bought a ProPride hitch for an absolutely effortless, safe and comfortable towing experience. It has never disappointed us, a joy to own.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:24 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Scott City , Missouri
The 2017 is wired for backup camera and solar, both of those would be nice to have.
A digital tire air gauge, pump, tire jack and lug wrench is not a Airstream option but something you might consider buying. I like the awning package that helps keep the heat out and the windows open on rainy days.
80Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:00 AM   #4
www.streamingairheads.com

Gettysburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by K and M View Post
Hi! My husband and I are very excited to begin the process of purchasing our first Airstream. After many trips to our local Airstream dealer and countless internet hours, we have decided on the 2017 Flying Cloud 25 Rear Twin. (We like the Twin option because you have a lot more floor space/storage in the bedroom, and you don't have any climbing to do to get out of bed.)

They come pretty loaded with amazing goodies. However, I am wondering what add-ons we should consider. Are there options you wish you'd included but didn't? Are there options you purchased but could've done without? What about a 2nd AC unit--necessary? Any input is very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Monique
Hi Monique. We purchased a FC 25 RB twins in April and absolutely love it. Its small enough to tow into State Park camp grounds, but has a large enough feel - particularly with the twins - that we don't feel cramped at all. Plus IMHO this unit has the best designed bathroom and our knees don't hit the doors and counters when in use!

Our unit came with the awnings package, the convection microwave and the back up camera. These are great options to have. The backup camera allows us to see traffic behind us as we are travelling down the interstate. I can't imagine not having this availability. The extra awnings help to shade the unit during the day, so you can keep your interior shades up and enjoy the views. We have used the convection microwave a couple of times for baking and its a nice extra to have. We have NOT lit our regular gas oven to date. Our unit has one airconditioner, and so far it seems more than adequate. We spent a week in South Carolina last month and were quite comfortable. I guess it depends on where you plan to travel. Most days we keep the windows open and run the fantastic fans. We use the AC if we have to, but prefer the fresh air.

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy!
streamingairheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:01 AM   #5
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Welcome to the forum!

As mentioned the awnings are a great feature.

I think you will find there are many upgrades that you may want to make when you have your AS, as opposed to options. And of course how you plan to use it is also a factor, boon docking or cross country or just week end with short driving distance, will determine modification.

Wish you many happy and safe miles in your new AS.
Hans627 is online now   Reply With Quote