Old 09-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Taylorville , Illinois
Thanks for the help guys, We taped everything off and got out the water hose. Sure enough, the leak is coming from the sewer vent, so we'll be fixing replacing the seal on that ASAP. The trunk door also leaked some water in, the door doesn't seem to have a real tight seal. I guess I can just use some foam weather stripping around the inside edges?

Also, the panel on the outside for the water heater, is there any way to seal around the top? (where leaves and debris would collect) When I look down behind the protruding square, I can see where water can just run inside the water heater area, so I took the panel off, as if I was lighting the water heater and that area is was wet and the water has dripped on the fitting/gas line over the years and rusted them pretty bad. How can I keep rain from running down into this gap?

Old 09-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Taylorville , Illinois
Here is the gap Im talking about. Rain water runs right down in there. Is there a way to seal that off, or make a little cover to keep water out?

Old 09-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
In your photo it looks like the seal has pulled away at the bottom of the picture. Cut the edge off the old sealant and recaulk it. Water should be able to run down in there without it leaking into the trailer.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Taylorville , Illinois
Well, we replaced the gaskets and vulkemed the 3 roof vents. It rained shortly after with no leaks to the water heater area, and the bottom edges of the closet were dry. YIPEEE everthings fixed and leak free....Until I checked it today after another heavy rain. The water heater area is still dry, so I know fixing the sewer vents did help, but the back toliet/battery area is wet again....AARRGGG...I'm about ready to snap. And, to top that off, I go under the kitchen sink today and pressed on the carpet, and, yes it is now wet too. So I pull up this piece of carpet to find it wet mainly around the base of the furnace. Are you kidding me??? I remove the outside furnace vent cover to look for a possible leaking area, I don't see anything, but I don't really know what I'm looking for either...I have wanted an airstream forever, now that I have one, I just want to get rid of it, this is driving me nuts.

Advice on fixing/finding a leak around the base of the furnace AND inside the back battery/toilet compartment PLEASE!!!