Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #29
Rivet Master
 
Gene's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,842
I'll 2nd the double axle preference. When we had a wheel bearing go, and the wheel almost fell off, I could remove the wheel and drive to a place to fix it at my leisure instead of trying to fix it on a hill by the side of the road and having no place to sleep or eat.

Gene
__________________

__________________
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #30
Rivet Master
 
bolerama's Avatar
 
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 754
Images: 30
Blog Entries: 6
Hi Melissa,
I hope you get your financing. What a fiasco.

We bought our 23ft CCD last spring. I drooled over the first CCD concept trailer I saw in a magazine years ago. I drooled over the first actual CCD I saw at a dealership. Wow! -an RV without oak! We couldn't believe how gorgeous and sleek it was. But alas, we were too young and poor, but we fit the demographics AS was going for with the CCD line. When the 23D layout came out, we couldn't believe our luck. THis seemed to fit us perfectly (and our 2 dogs-big and little).

We don't find it too small at all, and my husband is 6 feet tall. Yes, it can feel cold against the wall by the bed, but I put "bumpers" around there, and it's not a problem anymore. There is more than enough living area, even with 2 adults and 2 dogs. Because the 23 is 6 inches narrower than the 25, it's easier to see around. (We do use tow mirrors). Plus, we can pull it fairly comfortably with our Jeep Grand Cherokee.

My little comparison on the 23 and 25:
-windows:
I would love having the double-wraparound windows that you can get on a 25 footer. BEcause the bedroom and living areas are reversed on the 23 and 25, you have another consideration. We usually back into sites and try to back onto a river or "view" and this means that our little bedroom window looks at "the view" which isn't ideal. BAcking in with a 25 footer means the living room overlooks "the view". However, sometimes sites are big enough, so we can pull straight in, unhitch, and move the TV. That's because the trailer is smaller. Then we have a good view.

-bed
THe bigger bed that lifts on hydraulics would also be really nice. You get more storage under it, and when we have a 2-dog-nite, it wouldn't be as cramped. The bed on the 23 is comfy enough, and cozy because you have walls on both sides; however, there is no night-stand to put my glasses and book.

-bathroom
Lots of people complain about the bathroom on the 23 foot. I like it. I prefer the sink on the outside. However, you get less storage than on the 25. You don't have anywhere inside the toilet area to store spare tissue rolls.

-kitchen
The 23 has a microwave. We don't use it much, but it's a nice feature. However, you get a smaller fridge. It's fine for us. THe 23 has a really wide pull-out pantry. I love it! You can store pots, pans, tin foil, etc. That's how big it is.

Hope this helps you and others deciding between a 23 and 25 footer. What a challenge. They both are great!

Lisa
__________________

__________________
Lisa and Paul

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:30 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member
 
gail's Avatar
 
2017 16' Sport
Malibu , California
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 296
Images: 9
buy the one with the best layout. If you need to take our a loan think of a nice used model, people's lives change and they need to sell. We love our Vintage trailer and if you get one that has been taken care of you should be good, even new ones have problems. We have 18 feet and that is a bit small. they always say your lst trailer is too small. Do not worry 18 feet is harder to back up than 21. Good luck and we welcome you to fun.
__________________
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:44 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member
 
2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 387
Hi Melissa,, woman to woman,,,go where your heart leads,,, i live in Montana,, and just a hint,, you do need power to get out and about ,, a used trailer is an option you should certainly check out,,, i did ,, am glad,, good luck,, happy trails,, donna
__________________
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:17 AM   #33
1 Rivet Member
 
fullairtime's Avatar
 
2007 25' International CCD FB
Alexandria , Virginia
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12
Melissa,
I have a 2007 Yukon Denali and have full-timed in my 25ft for over a year now. My Yukon tows the 25 with ease and the trailer is easy to maneuver with the perfect amount of indoor space. The queen bed works well with for one person and a dog or two people.
__________________
fullairtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member
 
CampingDogs's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Jacksonville , Florida
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaM View Post
It says my Denali can tow 8,100lbs in the book. I do not have the XL. I do have AWD. Dont know if it makes a difference.

It will probably come down to price, and what my payments are. I dont have any debt currently and not looking to add a bunch.

I am looking at moving and will be using it in the Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming area most.

Thank you so much for your answers. I am excited! I will pm you GStephens, thanks.

My dogs go anywhere, couches, beds, etc. They are nice and let me sit on the couch also. They are small and dont destroy anything most of the time. They are also the big reason I am looking into this, its SO MUCH easier to travel with the pooches in this style than hotels.
Same deal with us, looking at these 2 trailers to travel w our dogs Good Luck!
__________________
Life is good, really, really good :-)
RESCUED is my favorite Breed
CampingDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #35
Moderator
 
moosetags's Avatar

 
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,763
Images: 5
Within the last year, we traded our 2005 Safari 25FB which we had camped in for almost 1,400 nights. We traded it in on a 2012 Flying Cloud 23FB. We camped in the 23FB for 148 nights including a 66 day trip out west. We wanted to downsize, and we really enjoyed Little Lucy, and she towed beautifully.

After giving Little Lucy a good try, we decided that we really missed Old Lucy. We traded again on a 2015 Flying Cloud 25FB.

We travel without any pets, and it is just the two of us. The 23FB is a great floor plan, but we just like the 25FB better.

Brian
__________________
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member
 
CampingDogs's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Jacksonville , Florida
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 64
Moosetags, we've followed some of your posts with Lucy, so much fun :-) .... I wish we were as handy :-) ..... We love the 23 & 25 just wondering if it will be too expensive. I think we should buy new or relatively new since we don't have any experience .....
__________________
Life is good, really, really good :-)
RESCUED is my favorite Breed
CampingDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #37
Moderator
 
moosetags's Avatar

 
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,763
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingDogs View Post
Moosetags, we've followed some of your posts with Lucy, so much fun :-) .... I wish we were as handy :-) ..... We love the 23 & 25 just wondering if it will be too expensive. I think we should buy new or relatively new since we don't have any experience .....

I notice that you are in Jacksonville. We are from Jacksonville and visit back there often. At some point if you would like to come by and see Lucy, we would be glad to show her off and discuss Airstreams with you. We camp with Lucy on the Westside off of Cassat Avenue.

We will be in Jacksonville several times between Thanksgiving and Christmas. PM me and I'll give you my direct email and cell number.

Brian
__________________
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member
 
CampingDogs's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Jacksonville , Florida
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 64
Will certainly do, Thanks! We also plan to go see them again at JDSanders Gainesville in December, we would love to see famous Lucy
__________________
Life is good, really, really good :-)
RESCUED is my favorite Breed
CampingDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member
 
silbull02's Avatar
 
, Kentucky
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolerama View Post
Hi Melissa,
I hope you get your financing. What a fiasco.

We bought our 23ft CCD last spring. I drooled over the first CCD concept trailer I saw in a magazine years ago. I drooled over the first actual CCD I saw at a dealership. Wow! -an RV without oak! We couldn't believe how gorgeous and sleek it was. But alas, we were too young and poor, but we fit the demographics AS was going for with the CCD line. When the 23D layout came out, we couldn't believe our luck. THis seemed to fit us perfectly (and our 2 dogs-big and little).

We don't find it too small at all, and my husband is 6 feet tall. Yes, it can feel cold against the wall by the bed, but I put "bumpers" around there, and it's not a problem anymore. There is more than enough living area, even with 2 adults and 2 dogs. Because the 23 is 6 inches narrower than the 25, it's easier to see around. (We do use tow mirrors). Plus, we can pull it fairly comfortably with our Jeep Grand Cherokee.

My little comparison on the 23 and 25:
-windows:
I would love having the double-wraparound windows that you can get on a 25 footer. BEcause the bedroom and living areas are reversed on the 23 and 25, you have another consideration. We usually back into sites and try to back onto a river or "view" and this means that our little bedroom window looks at "the view" which isn't ideal. BAcking in with a 25 footer means the living room overlooks "the view". However, sometimes sites are big enough, so we can pull straight in, unhitch, and move the TV. That's because the trailer is smaller. Then we have a good view.

-bed
THe bigger bed that lifts on hydraulics would also be really nice. You get more storage under it, and when we have a 2-dog-nite, it wouldn't be as cramped. The bed on the 23 is comfy enough, and cozy because you have walls on both sides; however, there is no night-stand to put my glasses and book.

-bathroom
Lots of people complain about the bathroom on the 23 foot. I like it. I prefer the sink on the outside. However, you get less storage than on the 25. You don't have anywhere inside the toilet area to store spare tissue rolls.

-kitchen
The 23 has a microwave. We don't use it much, but it's a nice feature. However, you get a smaller fridge. It's fine for us. THe 23 has a really wide pull-out pantry. I love it! You can store pots, pans, tin foil, etc. That's how big it is.

Hope this helps you and others deciding between a 23 and 25 footer. What a challenge. They both are great!

Lisa
Lisa, thanks for the Great write up! I'm sure i'm not the only "prospesctive" buyer looking for real world feedback. the info you provided really helps me to get one day closer to fulfilling my Dream.
__________________
Larry
Hope to be an Airstream owner Sooner than Later.
Tow Vehicle-2013 F-250 6.7L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel 400HP/800LB-FT TQ
"One Day Closer To My Dream!" :-)
Retired U.S. Navy
silbull02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #40
Rivet Master
 
bolerama's Avatar
 
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 754
Images: 30
Blog Entries: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by silbull02 View Post
Lisa, thanks for the Great write up! I'm sure i'm not the only "prospesctive" buyer looking for real world feedback. the info you provided really helps me to get one day closer to fulfilling my Dream.
You're welcome! If you have any other questions on other floorplans, I can try to answer them. We have a dealership nearby, and I have pored over many trailers. There is no cure for aluminitis! Best wishes on your search.

Lisa
__________________
Lisa and Paul

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:06 AM   #41
Full time Airstreamer
 
SCOTTinNJ's Avatar
 
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolerama View Post
My little comparison on the 23 and 25:
-windows:
I would love having the double-wraparound windows that you can get on a 25 footer. BEcause the bedroom and living areas are reversed on the 23 and 25, you have another consideration. We usually back into sites and try to back onto a river or "view" and this means that our little bedroom window looks at "the view" which isn't ideal. BAcking in with a 25 footer means the living room overlooks "the view". However, sometimes sites are big enough, so we can pull straight in, unhitch, and move the TV. That's because the trailer is smaller. Then we have a good view.
Bear in mind that there are now two 25' layouts, front bed and rear bed. The rear bed is very much like the 23D you described.

We have the 25' rear twin but also heavily considered the 23D. Frankly, I do not see the benefit of the front bed models and highly prefer the rear bed layouts.

In the 25' models you get the stove and convection microwave in the rear bed layout but only the convection microwave in the front bed layout. This was a big consideration for us as we cook in the trailer a lot and you need shore power for the microwave. The stove runs on propane.

Also the rear bed models have a large external hatch in the back. The front beds have it in the front. It's much harder to access in the front due to the propane tanks. I also had some concern about leaks while driving in rain.

In the 23' models the living area is much bigger in the rear bed layout. That dinette in the front bed model just sticks way out and there is no lounge area. You are either in the dinette or standing. Of course you have to live with the corner bed, but we didn't think that was too small for most couples and certainly worth the offset.



Again, we went with the 25' model. Perfect choice for us. Hope this helps.
__________________
SCOTTinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #42
4 Rivet Member
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 312
We love our 25' FB Safari. It's mostly just the hubby and I camping but with the dinette and sofa our camper is the adult hang out for bad weather or early mornings. The dinette fits 4 adults for cribbage/cards with flow over to the couch for cozy conversation.

Wouldn't change a thing and I've never regretted spending the money on our Airstream.

We do need a slightly bigger tow vehicle so if that is an issue I probably would go for a 23'. There is a Silverado in our future....
__________________

__________________
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.