Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2014, 05:06 AM   #41
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolerama View Post
My little comparison on the 23 and 25:
-windows:
I would love having the double-wraparound windows that you can get on a 25 footer. BEcause the bedroom and living areas are reversed on the 23 and 25, you have another consideration. We usually back into sites and try to back onto a river or "view" and this means that our little bedroom window looks at "the view" which isn't ideal. BAcking in with a 25 footer means the living room overlooks "the view". However, sometimes sites are big enough, so we can pull straight in, unhitch, and move the TV. That's because the trailer is smaller. Then we have a good view.
Bear in mind that there are now two 25' layouts, front bed and rear bed. The rear bed is very much like the 23D you described.

We have the 25' rear twin but also heavily considered the 23D. Frankly, I do not see the benefit of the front bed models and highly prefer the rear bed layouts.

In the 25' models you get the stove and convection microwave in the rear bed layout but only the convection microwave in the front bed layout. This was a big consideration for us as we cook in the trailer a lot and you need shore power for the microwave. The stove runs on propane.

Also the rear bed models have a large external hatch in the back. The front beds have it in the front. It's much harder to access in the front due to the propane tanks. I also had some concern about leaks while driving in rain.

In the 23' models the living area is much bigger in the rear bed layout. That dinette in the front bed model just sticks way out and there is no lounge area. You are either in the dinette or standing. Of course you have to live with the corner bed, but we didn't think that was too small for most couples and certainly worth the offset.

Again, we went with the 25' model. Perfect choice for us. Hope this helps.
SCOTTinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:15 AM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
We love our 25' FB Safari. It's mostly just the hubby and I camping but with the dinette and sofa our camper is the adult hang out for bad weather or early mornings. The dinette fits 4 adults for cribbage/cards with flow over to the couch for cozy conversation.

Wouldn't change a thing and I've never regretted spending the money on our Airstream.

We do need a slightly bigger tow vehicle so if that is an issue I probably would go for a 23'. There is a Silverado in our future....
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #43
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Looking at the floorplans Scott posted, the one on the right is a 23 FB. The 25 FB is quite different. The one on the left seems to be a 23 rear bed, but it looks shorter than the one on the right thereby creating an illusion that one is a 23 and the other 25.

We've had the 25 FB for 7 years and are quite happy with the floorplan. It isn't perfect, but life is full of compromises unless you build your own trailer.

Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Looking at the floorplans Scott posted, the one on the right is a 23 FB. The 25 FB is quite different. The one on the left seems to be a 23 rear bed, but it looks shorter than the one on the right thereby creating an illusion that one is a 23 and the other 25.

We've had the 25 FB for 7 years and are quite happy with the floorplan. It isn't perfect, but life is full of compromises unless you build your own trailer.

Gene
"But life is full of compromises unless you build your own trailer."

AMEN!
Old 11-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #45
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
I took those from the AS website but yes, the scales are a bit off (one is longer AND wider). They are both 23' models.
SCOTTinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote