Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Sebastopol , California
What features make a "Limited"

I'm looking at a 1983 31' limited and would like to know what were the features that made this model different?

Ben
Aluminumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Ben, I'm bumping this back up on the forum posts in hopes you will receive an informative response. We have a "Classic Limited." I'm still iffy on what makes it a Classic and where the Limited comes in. What I do know is that we have upgraded cabinets, hickory, maroom trim color, and probably several more features that I don't recognize as unique. Maybe someone will jump in and clarify the difference in limited and nonlimited units.~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
ingrids 94 has a blue stripe and is also a classic limited. i was told the cabinets and kitchen sinks were upgrades. maybe the sony radio and extra skylight was an upgrade too? i can't help much more until i see the brochure in december.
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
It's kind of fuzzy back there in my brain, but IIRC, the "classic" designation of that era was to differentiate them from the Land Yacht (squarestream).
"limited" was an upgrade package usually consisting of a blue or maroon stripe, upgraded cabinetry, and a few more geegaas.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Columbus , Indiana
I'll be interested to see what information this thread comes up with, myself. We have an '85 31 foot Excella and the PO informed us it was ordered with the classic exterior and the limited interior. We do have a blue stripe on the outside. We were very glad the PO supplied us with an owners manual and service manual AND a copy of an advertising flier. Last year I thought I saw somewhere (sorry, now I can't remember exactly where I saw it) that the limited came with a light on the electric hitch. We have the electric hitch but no light.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Sebastopol , California
MaxanGeorgia thanks for the bump and mMany thanks for the info. I'm interested too to see waht else we come up with as a difference. The one I'm going to look at on Sunday apparently has a central vacuum system too.

Ben
Aluminumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
The central vacuum was an option, as was the NuTone food center. They COULD have been ordered with those tings no matter what trim package you had. Our International (not Excella, not Limited, not Classic) has lights on the electric jack, and lights in all compartments. No NuTone, no central Vacuum.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Its my understanding that Limited 30/31 ft came with a woodgrain (Brown)trim stripe on the outside ,with Awnings in a grey,brown stripe.leather goucho, alloy (ALCOA) aluminum wheels ,All were "Special Order Limited Production" thus the name. EXCELLA's had a blue stripe and awnings to match.
I read that some where.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote