Old 04-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #15
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
If you're in Turks & C. are you planning on taking it to the islands or keeping in in the mainland U.S.? I'd imagine freighting it over would be VERY costly too.

Closest dealer has got to be Bates in Florida, but Colonial does a lot of shipping.

Paula
ha ha. I can just imagine what one of those would be like on an island a mile and a half wide and seventeen miles long. I reckon we could hit all zero camping spots in one weekend. then what? Office or restaurant, I suppose. Bait shop?

We want to keep it in storage in the Dallas area. we would only be using it a few times a year. I looked up in the eastern US, but the trucking quote to haul it from NY to Dallas was $ 3100. I am assuming that would be about the same from NJ. Adding that to the out the door price makes it just about as much sense to just pay three thousand more in Texas and not have to worry about some amphetamine crazed truck driver smoking the tires off it at 80 mph. I just replaced six wheel bearings in a boat trailer. I don't want to look at any more of those this year.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Fresno , Texas
There is another Airstream Dealer in Houston on north I-45 It is just south of FM2920 on the southbound service road.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Fresno , Texas
You can get a new 2010 for around that. Here is one in Houston listed for $39,000. I would make an offer on it. With high fuel prices I have a feeling business if going to be down a little.
New and Used Motorhomes RVs, Travel Trailers, Campers and Fifth Wheels for sale at DeMontrond RV in Houston, Conroe, Gulf Freeway and Spring, Texas
Old 04-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
a few feet less

This might work..
2010 25FB Intl Sig Series - Never Used! Custom items! - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale
Old 04-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #19
one of those

2011 27 FB International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsmith View Post
You can get a new 2010 for around that. Here is one in Houston listed for $39,000. I would make an offer on it. With high fuel prices I have a feeling business if going to be down a little.
New and Used Motorhomes RVs, Travel Trailers, Campers and Fifth Wheels for sale at DeMontrond RV in Houston, Conroe, Gulf Freeway and Spring, Texas

you got me all worked up with that one! Of course, a new leftover 2010 already in Houston or Dallas would be perfect for us. Within budget and no transportation costs. When I read this post, I was smiling and thinking 'Ah HA!" I even KNOW Demontrond. They were a big Buick dealer when I was growing up in the Houston area in the previous century.

Then I checked the ad, of course, and lo and behold, it's exactly the colors we want. Which I have been informed is actually Wenge. Okay. I didn't know a wood was a color, but okay.

But then I looked at a few more photos, and when I saw the bed I realized.....

thats a good price, but that's not a 27FB. I suspect it's a 25,perhaps?

Thanks for trying, though. This is NOT going to drive me back to drink.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
you got me all worked up with that one! Of course, a new leftover 2010 already in Houston or Dallas would be perfect for us. Within budget and no transportation costs. When I read this post, I was smiling and thinking 'Ah HA!" I even KNOW Demontrond. They were a big Buick dealer when I was growing up in the Houston area in the previous century.

Then I checked the ad, of course, and lo and behold, it's exactly the colors we want. Which I have been informed is actually Wenge. Okay. I didn't know a wood was a color, but okay.

But then I looked at a few more photos, and when I saw the bed I realized.....

thats a good price, but that's not a 27FB. I suspect it's a 25,perhaps?

Thanks for trying, though. This is NOT going to drive me back to drink.
The low rock guards, the single axle and the placement of the refrigerator says this was actually about a 2005 23' A/S... they may have messed up and posted the wrong pictures, but get in contact and insist on the correct pictures including pictures of the tongue where you can see the VIN number.

Paula
Old 04-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
How about a 2008 27' Signature International in wenge for $50,000 in Colorado?

2008 Airstream International Signature Series CCD For Sale | Vintage Airstream Classifieds-

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #22
one of those

2011 27 FB International
yes, thanks. I was joking about it but I did email them already. Do these dealers typically work on Sundays? I would think it would be one of the top days.

Does anyone know what an 80th Anniversary edition means? I haven't been able to google up a clear definition yet.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #23
one of those

2011 27 FB International
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
How about a 2008 27' Signature International in wenge for $50,000 in Colorado?

2008 Airstream International Signature Series CCD For Sale | Vintage Airstream Classifieds-

Nice shape! Perfect color, too. We really were concentrating on a new trailer, but this one looks unused. I guess maybe some of them get rode hard, and some other ones of them don't. (Sounds like a country song, don't it?)

BUT even though that '08 looks near perfect, it's a 28 and that's a slightly different setup than the 27FB even though they are both 28 ft. We want the pano windows.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #24
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Oak Creek , Arizona
In Colorado they don't sell cars, RV's or motorcycles on Sundays.
But shopping used would be a smart move for the short amount of time you will be traveling on the mainland.

The Nest Egg - 2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
2017 Silverado 2500HD Chevy Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
Nice shape! Perfect color, too. We really were concentrating on a new trailer, but this one looks unused. I guess maybe some of them get rode hard, and some other ones of them don't. (Sounds like a country song, don't it?)

BUT even though that '08 looks near perfect, it's a 28 and that's a slightly different setup than the 27FB even though they are both 28 ft. We want the pano windows.
The 27' FB is pictured in the interior views and the floor diagram for that listed unit.

photography
Old 04-24-2011, 05:32 AM   #26
one of those

2011 27 FB International
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
The 27' FB is pictured in the interior views and the floor diagram for that listed unit.

So they didn't put the panoramic windows in the 27B in '08, I guess? All the photos of 27FBs we've been looking at had curved panoramic windows on the corners around the bed. And nightstands instead of small wardrobes.
In any case, we want the one with the pano windows in both ends. Whichever model that is.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Window type could have been a choice of the dealer who ordered the unit. We have a 25ft fb without the panoramic windows because the unit was ordered without them. All others we have seen seem to have the panos. zz
Old 04-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #28
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
We had a 2007 27' FB Classic without the front pano and preferred the bedroom with less exposure. I missed that you wanted two panoramic windows on the unit. Hope you find your dream Airstream. They are all winners! My DH likes the wenge wood and has a 2007 23' Signature. We all have our individual preferences. I have opted back to the traditional floorplan in 2004 28' Classic for more walk room.

photography